D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Heh I did it at level 4. You didn't cast calm emotions?

It's one of those fights you avoid before level 4 imho. Along with Flind, phase spiders and Auntie Eithel.

Assuming you know the counter it's still very high risk.

Magic wouldn't have mattered. Battle starts. They go first. 3 Harpies = 3 downed heroes. slash slash slash. My cleric gets 2 back on their feet. slash slash slash fights over.

Zardnaar

Legend
Magic wouldn't have mattered. Battle starts. They go first. 3 Harpies = 3 downed heroes. slash slash slash. My cleric gets 2 back on their feet. slash slash slash fights over.

Ah. Imho going first and mobility is more important than brute damage.

Most of my characters have 16 or more dexterity. 14 minimum. Archer had 18 at lvl 4 you can get 20 if you go for Ethel but she's rough at 4 (doable of you know the counters).

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Ah. Imho going first and mobility is more important than brute damage.

Most of my characters have 16 or more dexterity. 14 minimum. Archer had 18 at lvl 4 you can get 20 if you go for Ethel but she's rough at 4 (doable of you know the counters).
The Alert feat with the BG3 initiative system is the biggest game changer feat. Alert is always my first or second feat, or if I have a build that will not value any other elixir (giant strength, bloodlust, or battle mage), I’m giving that character all of the initiative boosting elixirs.

Zardnaar

Legend
The Alert feat with the BG3 initiative system is the biggest game changer feat. Alert is always my first or second feat, or if I have a build that will not value any other elixir (giant strength, bloodlust, or battle mage), I’m giving that character all of the initiative boosting elixirs.

Yup my archer has alert, my spellcasters late gane will use vigilance elixirs.

Melee kinda weak outside a few narrow builds with mobility hoosting equipment and probably GWM.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I am only in Act 1 of my first play through (only started when it came out for Xbox). I think you can start the Harpy battle from a further distance than they can fly to on turn 1.

Zardnaar

Legend
I am only in Act 1 of my first play through (only started when it came out for Xbox). I think you can start the Harpy battle from a further distance than they can fly to on turn 1.

You can. They have to dash iirc. Just don't go to far forward make them cone to you.

It can easily turn to poo when you flunk sone saves level 3 or 4. There's a few encounters notorious for ending honor mode runs. Most are ACT1.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
You can. They have to dash iirc. Just don't go to far forward make them cone to you.

It can easily turn to poo when you flunk sone saves level 3 or 4. There's a few encounters notorious for ending honor mode runs. Most are ACT1.
Well that hag can definitely be a pain. I managed to push her right off the edge of that cliff on turn 1. Buh bye haggy.

Remove ads