• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

MarkB

Legend
So i pulled this great 2 hander halbred off the robot thing in the arcane tower and now Im afraid I'll never find better.

Halbred damage plus d6 lightening damage. Not to mention I have 2 items that add 2 acid and d6 fire damage to my melee strikes. Oh and the Halbred has a chance to stun things I hit. And apparetly its worth less than 70 gold to a merchant? I have it on Karlach.

Its so good...
Read it again. It has a chance to stun the wielder.

Stalker0

Legend
Spoilers for Shadowheart and the ending of BG3

So I romanced shadowheart, put her on Selune's path, supported her every step of the way.

We don't find her parents though.

We make it to the end have one more night, and then she says "I have to go off alone and figure things out".

Like....damn, didn't even ask me to help her out or anything. Ice Cold!

hehe that's the way it goes sometimes, but yeah that really surprised me.

Stalker0

Legend
I dont know if it was just me, but I

100% thought the Emperor was going to turn on me, or turn out to be a puppet of the Absolute.
Yeah I was really surprised by that. Was preparing for a turnaround the whole time, but the biggest twist was that there wasn't a twist!

Stalker0

Legend
Still on Act 1 with Tactician but whilst it's harder, it's more in a "You have to blow significantly more resources per fight" way than a "You need much better tactics" kind of way so far. I mean, you do need better tactics, but like, the tactics that would make a fight easy as hell in Normal make a fight perfectly doable in Tactician, just you probably need to use more long-rest resources to pull them off.

Long rests cost double but given how much food you find that seems unlikely to be an issue. Of course it's possible some really high-end fights in Act 2 and beyond will be much harder.

Weirdly Larian said that they'd given enemies loads more things like bombs and special arrows in Tactician, and put more dangerous things around like exploding barrels, and like, half-way through Act 1 I've seen no evidence of either - just a LOT more HP on the enemies and generally they seem to be a little higher level.
Having just upgraded myself to the high difficulty on my 2nd playthrough, um....yeah I'm noticing a lot more special arrow use from the enemies. And man does it hurt!

Sacrosanct

Legend
I may or may not have saved the game as soon as you enter the Astral Prism at the end, just to reload and see at least half of the possible endings....

One thing of interest was how for things that didn't change from one ending to the other, the actual words of some of your party members in the final cutscene are different. That was neat.

Finally finished the game properly - some pretty good fights towards the end, even on Normal, they may actually require some serious tactics on Tactician! Or just a lot more optimizing!

Definitely agree with people who say the end sequence is too short for a 100 hour game. It's also a little confused, because of the way it's set up, and doesn't pay off quite right. The improved ending for Karlach is definitely cute but if that's it for updating the endings, people are going to be increasingly annoyed over the next 6-12 months as more and more people finish it.

Interesting post-credits sequence with potentially massive lore implications taken at face value. To whit:

Jergal is just dropping sick burns on the Dead Three, talking about how they're losing losers who lost and then he says "Begone vermin, you shall trouble us no more" or something to that effect, but anyway clearly implying, in context, that the Dead Three are... er... dead again. Or out of a job at least. This is very interesting - the post-credits scene is definitely something that would have needed WotC authorisation (again if taken at face value), and presumably could have been coordinated with WotC so will we perhaps see a Faerun update next year or in 2025 that gives us a post-BG3 Faerun? With the Dead Three no longer "proper" gods, and maybe Jergal back, or at least assisting Kelemvor? Honestly I love the Dead Three because they're idiots and great for every stupid cult full of stooges one could want, but there are other options (not least Cyric, Cult of the Dragon, and so on). Hmmmm.

(very large lore "spoilers" if accurate, though not really in-game plot spoilers per se)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads