• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Some of the stuff, I have to wonder how canonical it is, maybe Larian took some liberties, I dont know really without getting into full blown spoilers.
The Shadowfell seemed a bit weird and inaccurate in it's implementation, but the Nightsong's prison could have just been a demiplane in the Shadowfell, and the Shadow-Cursed Lands already got the vibe of the Shadowfell across. I also thought that the Dead Three were supposed to be, well, dead. Didn't that happen in the metaplot a couple times already? But other than those minor stuff, I'm haven't noticed anything super lore breaking. Maybe next game when I learn about the Gale-Karsus-Mystra stuff I'll have more lore-based objections.

Nits could be picked: the interpretation of Karsus was different to NWN:SoU. Not sure how it compares to the 2e Netheril boxed set. Karlech makes no mention of The Wall of the Faithless when she contemplates her mortality at her parent's graves. Things are mentioned that WotC tends to avoid these days, such as Kara-Tur and Mazteca. The layout of Baldur's Gate isn't exactly as PnP maps or the first game.

A message from our sponsor:

"I'm Paladin Tav, and Sorcerous Sundries is my favourite store in Baldur's Gate."

TheSword

Legend

I’ve got 4 play through right now and each 1 is so different. I’ve decided not to save scum so half of them haven’t been able to save gale on bad dice rolls

I was shocked on my Paladin play through when rescuing my goth fiend I attacked the tiefling first and lost my Paladin powers as I always thought they were just bad people

Just did the spider fight with the baby spiders. My jaw dropped with that

D&d needs more multi level fights after this game

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Nits could be picked: the interpretation of Karsus was different to NWN:SoU. Not sure how it compares to the 2e Netheril boxed set. Karlech makes no mention of The Wall of the Faithless when she contemplates her mortality at her parent's graves. Things are mentioned that WotC tends to avoid these days, such as Kara-Tur and Mazteca. The layout of Baldur's Gate isn't exactly as PnP maps or the first game.

A message from our sponsor:

"I'm Paladin Tav, and Sorcerous Sundries is my favourite store in Baldur's Gate."
I believe The Wall is one of those things WotC never uses and/or mentions again. IE just pretend it never existed.

I think they go with that even if you don’t believe your soul still goes to which ever god most aligned with it.

I believe The Wall is one of those things WotC never uses and/or mentions again. IE just pretend it never existed.
I would have said the same for Mazteca and Kara-Tur, but they are mentioned. Karlach mutters something about "the house of the ancestors" rather than going to a particular god or alignment plane.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
So i pulled this great 2 hander halbred off the robot thing in the arcane tower and now Im afraid I'll never find better.

Halbred damage plus d6 lightening damage. Not to mention I have 2 items that add 2 acid and d6 fire damage to my melee strikes. Oh and the Halbred has a chance to stun things I hit. And apparetly its worth less than 70 gold to a merchant? I have it on Karlach.

Its so good...

Ondath

Hero
So i pulled this great 2 hander halbred off the robot thing in the arcane tower and now Im afraid I'll never find better.

Halbred damage plus d6 lightening damage. Not to mention I have 2 items that add 2 acid and d6 fire damage to my melee strikes. Oh and the Halbred has a chance to stun things I hit. And apparetly its worth less than 70 gold to a merchant? I have it on Karlach.

Its so good...
Is it me or am I the only one who finds that halberd to be useless? It stuns you when you attack with it if you're not a construct - and nobody is. I had Karlach use it once and then binned it. How do you guys deal with the drawback?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads