• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

MarkB

Legend
It's impressive how much of a difference your decisions make in later areas. First time through I never made it to Waukeen's Rest in act 1, so the Last Light inn was full of tiefling refugee survivors but no Flaming Fist contingent.

Second time round I found them, but my character was being stroppy when she arrived at the Grove and convinced the three tiefling adventurers to save themselves instead of hanging around to protect the refugees, and as a result the Flaming Fist are at the inn, but only a handful of refugees escaped to make it there.
Further to this, I'm kinda worried for the kids now. I just finished Act 2, and while Alfira acts as though the kids, aside from Mol, returned safely, saying they were worried about Mol and she was trying to comfort them, none of them were actually there in the throne room in the aftermath, as they were in my first playthrough. I really hope they turn up once I reach the city.

MarkB

Legend
Im 52 hours in and still in Act 1. My characters are level 6….

Just when I think I’m ready to move on a find even more stuff to do…
Yeah, going through acts 1 and 2 a second time I couldn't believe how much I'd missed the first time around. So much to do!

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Yeah, going through acts 1 and 2 a second time I couldn't believe how much I'd missed the first time around. So much to do!

I finished the Underdark and Grym whatever and now onto the Mountain Pass (yes I’m doing both). Then finally the Moonrise Tower.

Oh I need to figure out who I’m bringing. I think 2 companions have story stuff there…

Edit: just realized I might not be done with the Underdark….

…. Someday

Scribe

Legend
I know I missed an absolute ton of content, and I'm ok with that, as I will play it again.

I blew up a brain, I went to Hell with my girlfriend Karlach. 10/10 will play again for years.

Further to this, I'm kinda worried for the kids now. I just finished Act 2, and while Alfira acts as though the kids, aside from Mol, returned safely, saying they were worried about Mol and she was trying to comfort them, none of them were actually there in the throne room in the aftermath, as they were in my first playthrough. I really hope they turn up once I reach the city.
In my game they where in the back of the throne room, but panicked and ran upstairs when they saw all the bodies strewn around. They should be in the refugee camp in act 3.

So far I have seen tiefling, goblin, gith and human children in the game.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
My computer is a load of garbage, and did have some pretty big performance issues in the first two acts, but nothing so major it significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game. Travelling to the Last Light Inn and, too a lesser extent, the Druid Grove did lower my FPS, but I just had to avoid the areas with a lot of NPCs, and the game would be pretty smooth.

I started Act 3 today, and so far it has been a nightmare. I'm not even in the city proper yet (I'm still in Rivington), and the game has crashed twice. Every other conversation/cutscene takes 5 minutes to load, and the game overall has been running much slower. I'm currently debating whether Act 3 is even playable on my PC. There's just way too many people in the same map. From what I've heard, the performance issues in Act 3 are pretty major for people with far better computers than mine.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
My computer is a load of garbage, and did have some pretty big performance issues in the first two acts, but nothing so major it significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game. Travelling to the Last Light Inn and, too a lesser extent, the Druid Grove did lower my FPS, but I just had to avoid the areas with a lot of NPCs, and the game would be pretty smooth.

I started Act 3 today, and so far it has been a nightmare. I'm not even in the city proper yet (I'm still in Rivington), and the game has crashed twice. Every other conversation/cutscene takes 5 minutes to load, and the game overall has been running much slower. I'm currently debating whether Act 3 is even playable on my PC. There's just way too many people in the same map. From what I've heard, the performance issues in Act 3 are pretty major for people with far better computers than mine.

I meet the minimum specs and yeah it runs “okay” so far. I fear act 3 from all the horror stories I’ve heard performance wise.

I really want to do a run with Minthara as a party member but I can't bring myself to fulfill the requirements.
Could always steal the Idol, watch the druids kill the tieflings, then wipe out the druids for being genocidal nutjobs. Then you can agree to Minthara's request since nobody is left anyway! :D

Remove ads