• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

It's impressive how much of a difference your decisions make in later areas. First time through I never made it to Waukeen's Rest in act 1, so the Last Light inn was full of tiefling refugee survivors but no Flaming Fist contingent.

Second time round I found them, but my character was being stroppy when she arrived at the Grove and convinced the three tiefling adventurers to save themselves instead of hanging around to protect the refugees, and as a result the Flaming Fist are at the inn, but only a handful of refugees escaped to make it there.
This is where the computer game differs from the tabletop game. In tabletop the players will never know what would have happened if they had acted differently. This is where illusionism can slip in - would things have actually been any different if the PCs had made different decisions?

Scribe

Legend
I finally found the bugbear ogre sex scene and I cannot for the life of me figure out what folks are on about. The pearl clutching made me imagine full on pr0n and all it was was a PG-13 sight gag.

I do feel bad about killing them after, tho, and reloaded my save so I didn't have to.

Yeah, I had forgotten it, was the equivalent of a jump scare when I opened that door. I wish they had our party laughing.

I finally found the bugbear ogre sex scene and I cannot for the life of me figure out what folks are on about. The pearl clutching made me imagine full on pr0n and all it was was a PG-13 sight gag.
I honestly found almost all the sex scenes incredibly tame with two exceptions. Not that you play BG3 for those scenes, but with how the game has built up such a reputation as a thirst trap with very frisky followers, most of the scenes are modest or even shy at times. Good path Shadowheart is probably the funniest to me, since she has so much internet attention but probably the slowest burn and a very sweet scene.

I'm messing around with an all-halfling group, and it's a lot of laughs and fun. The "re-roll 1" ability is great, since you only have a 1-in-400 chance of a critical failure, and since they're all lightfoots (lightfeet?), I'm able to stealth around whenever I need to. Plus, since they didn't implement the disadvantage small races get with heavy weapons, I've got a barbarian that's as effective as one of any other race - with the added bonus of seeing this tiny halfling rage and make Barbarian Intimidation checks. And a halfling turning into a bear like my druid is lots of fun as well!

MarkB

Legend
It's fun seeing how things play out a second time around. First time I did Moonrise Towers, I went in fully undercover, basically attacked nobody except the prison guards to free the gnomes and tieflings, and by the time we got to the full assault on the tower after completing Shar's Gauntlet the bridge was littered with dead harpers and Jaheira died in the second round of the massive battle in the foyer.

Second time, I went with a "defeat in detail" approach, eliminating most of the occupants the first time I entered, isolating them room-by-room and managing to get through pretty much everyone without ever quite driving their attitude to full hostility. This time, when the assault occurred, the only corpses on the bridge when I got there were Moonrise zealots, and literally just three guys turned up for the battle.

MarkB

Legend
Also, I had to respec the couple of Paladin levels I gave Wyll. Turns out that ambushing neutral characters isn't in line with the Oath of the Ancients. Oath of Vengeance, on the other hand...

Remove ads