• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Reynard

Legend
So I set off a trap in the old ruins and now any time I go back in it is all fireballs, all day. Is there a way to turn that off without dying?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Man, it's crazy what you can miss and just how easy it is to miss. One person I didn't talk to in the Light Inn (easy to miss) and I somehow missed the entire curse quest, lost a companion, and will miss a significant part to the ending.

I've only tried tactician shortly but the intellect devourers on the beach got a ranged attack for example.
Yeah that's true - I just haven't noticed similar differences in other enemies - I'm mean it's possible they have extra spells/abilities, but it's not very obvious because they get dumpstered so quickly on normal and the examine view only tells you limited information (fair but really limits the ability to assess).

Scribe

Legend
Man, it's crazy what you can miss and just how easy it is to miss. One person I didn't talk to in the Light Inn (easy to miss) and I somehow missed the entire curse quest, lost a companion, and will miss a significant part to the ending.

Yeah, thats the kind of stuff I was worried about, but eventually I just figured I would do multiple runs anyway.

So I set off a trap in the old ruins and now any time I go back in it is all fireballs, all day. Is there a way to turn that off without dying?
There's a button (which requires a perception check to spot) on the pillars to the left of the main sarcophagus as you come in to the room. If you haven't already spotted it, getting in to find it may be very tough. With a fast PC though you might be able to hit turn-based mode, sprint in and turn it off.

You could also systematically trying to cover the vents with barrels/crates to stop the oil being pumped to explode. And I think it might take magic but you might be able to blow up the heads that are shooting stuff.

Personally I just closed the doors and walked away last time I accidentally set it off. As far as I know it's still going off to this day!

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, I had the exact same thing. Taking it very carefully in my current playthrough.

MarkB

Legend
It's impressive how much of a difference your decisions make in later areas. First time through I never made it to Waukeen's Rest in act 1, so the Last Light inn was full of tiefling refugee survivors but no Flaming Fist contingent.

Second time round I found them, but my character was being stroppy when she arrived at the Grove and convinced the three tiefling adventurers to save themselves instead of hanging around to protect the refugees, and as a result the Flaming Fist are at the inn, but only a handful of refugees escaped to make it there.

First time through I never made it to Waukeen's Rest in act 1, so the Last Light inn was full of tiefling refugee survivors but no Flaming Fist contingent.
< Whistles innocently thinking about how I both forgot to do Waukeen's Rest in Act 1 first time through and forgot to rescue the Tiefling refugees from the dungeons in Act 2 before finishing the Act > Guess which groups were thus not present lol

MarkB

Legend
< Whistles innocently thinking about how I both forgot to do Waukeen's Rest in Act 1 first time through and forgot to rescue the Tiefling refugees from the dungeons in Act 2 before finishing the Act > Guess which groups were thus not present lol
Even before you do the Act 2 rescue there's a big difference in how many tieflings made it to the inn. First time through there were at least two members of Mol's gang, the wizard from the adventurer trio, one half of the couple intending to make a new home in the city. This time there was only Mol, the bard, the smith and one scout.

Vael

Legend
Second time round I found them, but my character was being stroppy when she arrived at the Grove and convinced the three tiefling adventurers to save themselves instead of hanging around to protect the refugees, and as a result the Flaming Fist are at the inn, but only a handful of refugees escaped to make it there.

I'll be interested in Act 3 if Rolan sides with Laroakkan against you in the Nightsong battle if you have him and his friends on a more selfish route.

Remove ads