• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Scribe

Legend
Also, I feel severely under leveled to deal with the goblin camp. If I go after all 3 leaders in succession, I will get massacred. What am I doing wrong?

Bring Halsin as a bear with you. Hes solid, and has a lot of spell slots for self healing.

Whats your party/level? I think I was 4, but I went in with no short rests left and had to struggle to get through it.

I finally got the "reveal" camp event. I am super stoked. I love this game.

Also, I feel severely under leveled to deal with the goblin camp. If I go after all 3 leaders in succession, I will get massacred. What am I doing wrong?
Lateral thinking. Take one aside for a private conversation, then put some smokepowder barrels stolen from the next room next to them and blow them up. Shove another into a bottomless pit. Climb onto overhead beams and drop a bear on the third.

Lateral thinking. Take one aside for a private conversation, then put some smokepowder barrels stolen from the next room next to them and blow them up. Shove another into a bottomless pit. Climb onto overhead beams and drop a bear on the third.
You don't even need to use smokepowder on the first - at level 4, I was able to take out the first one in a single round just through throwing everything I had at them (having a pally smiting does help with that). As for the other two, put your ranged on nearby high ground. While pushing the boss into the abyss is tempting, you lose good loot that way. Pushing into a nearby spider pit, however, is highly recommended! And using barrels in the third, big fight is also a good idea - wiped out nearly half of the minions in one fell swoop with that.

MarkB

Legend
The first one was easy with a bit of set-up. The second I triggered early accidentally after pushing for too much information in a dialogue scene, and that one was tough. The third I got into without getting a rest, but it turned out surprisingly doable - I didn't realise the opponent I'd kicked off a ledge was the leader until I got a quest update.

MarkB

Legend
Karlach throw wine barrel at mean hobgoblin.
Karlach specced as berserker with Tavern Brawler and a returning pike is an absolute beast. I don't even bother making melee attacks with her, because even with disadvantage because there's someone up in her face she still has a higher hit chance when throwing something at them, and much higher damage.

And that's when she's not just throwing them at each other.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Seriously: how do.you take out the goblin witch without alerting the whole place? I can't take 40 goblins at a time.

Are you talking about Priestess Gut?

Can't remember the full dialogue chain, but you can get her to take you to her private room. Where if you have her out, there's no one to notice it.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Are you talking about Priestess Gut?

Can't remember the full dialogue chain, but you can get her to take you to her private room. Where if you have her out, there's no one to notice it.
I brought her in and shut the door but as soon as her turn comes up she yells and the whole place is live.

Remove ads