Black Flag Black Flag Friday, now named Valiant Friday, notes playtest #3 will be monsters!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm curious, do most GMs or players care where the AC comes from (in statblocks)? Also, I'd love for humanoids (or others, even) to have possessions like A5e has.
Generally no, but I sometimes use it for description. I let players know that the hobgoblins have chain mail and shield and the orcs have hide armour for instance. Helps with player decisions.

Something I want to know is do people want set damage amounts instead of dice? I used set damage right at the start of 5e, then queried if my group was fine with it, they all wanted to have the damage rolled instead of having it set as it made for moments more suspenseful moments where you might survive a low roll when close to death.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Generally no, but I sometimes use it for description. I let players know that the hobgoblins have chain mail and shield and the orcs have hide armour for instance. Helps with player decisions.

Something I want to know is do people want set damage amounts instead of dice? I used set damage right at the start of 5e, then queried if my group was fine with it, they all wanted to have the damage rolled instead of having it set as it made for moments more suspenseful moments where you might survive a low roll when close to death.
I created a whole thread about this! And, seems like most agree with you.

Voadam

Legend
Something I want to know is do people want set damage amounts instead of dice? I used set damage right at the start of 5e, then queried if my group was fine with it, they all wanted to have the damage rolled instead of having it set as it made for moments more suspenseful moments where you might survive a low roll when close to death
Same.

I did it for speeding up combat on the DM side, they preferred not to be cut down with such machine like regularity.

Since 2020 I have only been DMing online with Fantasy Grounds so it handles the dice rolling.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Same.

I did it for speeding up combat on the DM side, they preferred not to be cut down with such machine like regularity.

Since 2020 I have only been DMing online with Fantasy Grounds so it handles the dice rolling.
Sort of similar with me, played so many games online, that I've just been using the dice roller in the dndbeyond encounter builder when running a game. Kind of wish it had an option to remove dice animations though, it's sometimes annoying having to wait for the dice to roll.

Remove ads