Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

pukunui

Legend
I found the trailer to be beautiful, but confusing. Except the mourning was obvious and understandable.
It's just a teaser, so it's not really meant to tell us much.

EDIT: That said, it's clear there's a conflict between Wakanda and Atlantis. Shuri ends up being held captive by the Atlanteans, and her mother gives an impassioned speech about losing her entire family. We also know the movie is introducing Ironheart to the MCU ahead of her Disney+ show. She is glimpsed hammering a heart out of a piece of metal and greeting Shuri (see screenshots in my other post below).

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, probably Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner.
OK, so Wikipedia says actor Tenoch Huerta is playing Prince Namor in this film, and this looks like him:

Screenshot 2022-07-24 151940.jpg

It also says he was approached to play an antagonist, and that he learned a Mayan language. I guess the MCU's Atlantis has an ancient central American cultural vibe to it.

Davies

Legend
Now this is more like it, but I was deceived by the Multiverse of Madness trailer, so I'm only a bit less hesitant than I was.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I really really like the look of the Maya-Atlanteans. Nice choice of song gave the mourning a very matriarchal feel.
but the underwater birth scene- were they Wakandans or Atlanteans?

pukunui

Legend
I really really like the look of the Maya-Atlanteans. Nice choice of song gave the mourning a very matriarchal feel.
but the underwater birth scene- were they Wakandans or Atlanteans?
I think those were Atlanteans. I wouldn't be surprised if that is either part of some flashback showing Prince Namor's birth or is the birth of his child in the present day.

Remove ads