• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Spine, Red Blood: A Dark Sun 3.5 Campaign

evileeyore said:
Anyway. I think Garak would be a better Leader. Grykee is too unstable, flighty, greedy, dishonest, and frankly Evil to be a leader of a party that includes Good aligned characters.

However she will likely leap up and at a moments notice assume Vocal Command (ie: 'face duties').

Ideally she'll drag Garak along to overhear any negotiations on behalf of the party.

Ristu would be the Moral Compass choice for most everyone else, but Grykee is too selfish to want to follow her. Ursus would be a good second choice after Garak.

I place Arriha and Uden in the same category as Grykee for Leadership potential. It could happen, but I just don't see it as a good idea.

Anyhow I am off to post something in IC Thread.

--EvilE
Well, Garak could probably do the job, though I doubt he would have accepted the role had it been formally discussed and offered to him. However, he is the sort of guy who'd slide into a leadership position by default, being fairly reliable, something of a planning sort, and having a strong sense of responsibility to the rest of the party. I can see your point about how most of the others aren't particularly suitable.

Perhaps we could assume that during our travels, this sort of dynamic has developed? Garak is generally considered the unacknowledged leader, but he usually defers to, or at least consults, Grykee when it comes to 'face' duties, Ristu in matters of conscience, Ursus regarding tactical issues, and so forth.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Wow, we have a family almost rather than an adventuring group. Everyone handling what their best at, conferring with others on difficult topics.

I really thought this group had a unique dynamic, even from the creation point. Looking forward to continuing the adventure.

Keia

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus will spend those days helping clear the sand dune from the one side of the temple through a combination of Move Earth (or similar) spells and manual labor...so as to allow us to plant bow users on top of it and out of the reach of enemies.

Also he will spend time gathering up all available weapons in the village. After examining the fighting ability of everyone present he will try to assign weapons to those who will make the best use of them (i.e. if a particularly experienced villager had some aptitude with the bow and got a few related feats I would definately give him some arrows and a longbow as opposed to a spear or something :p).

With any other time available, and spells if there are any left, Ursus would also like to dig some trenches and make some steep hills of sand to break up the terrain around the temple so as to force any invaders to climb up and down loose ground often in any raids.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
If you have a map-making program, just post the map as you will have altered it; I assume you can calculate how much the Move Earth spells will be able to do.

I'm afraid Ristu is the one with the Move Earth spells - we're going to have to wait until she gets back before we can make much progress on that front.

Post on what Garak is doing will come soon, when I've had a bit of a play with the cleriuc spell list...

Jarval

Explorer
Uden will spend the three days helping to prepare the town's defences as much as he can. He'll also be ready to repel any gith patrols that get too close.

Given that we've got a village full of people, and a half-giant, we might be able to do a lot in the way of fortifications without resorting to Move Earth spells.

Cerebus13

First Post
Since we lack Move Earth the best we can probably accomplish is to flatten out some or all of the mound behind the temple...and perhaps dig a few trenches.

I've attached a rough sketch of what we could attempt to do (done in paint cuz I am at work). The thick black lines are trenches, and I attempted to do what looks like a contoured hill thing as well.

Things we would try to do with the sand in order of importance:
1) Get rid of the hill behind the temple.
2) Dig a trench ring around the entrance so enemies couldn't simply run up to it.
3) Build a hill of sand on the east side of the temple to sort of wall it in with the other side.
4) Dig a trench in front of the smaller east side hill to add a bit more of an obstacle...the west side looks to be a lot larger and more imposing on it's own.

Attachments

• Temple2.JPG
    Temple2.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 60

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads