Black Widow

Janx

Hero
Saw it yesterday in a theatre of 6 people counting us. daytime, weekday first showing bonus :) I prefer empty theaters for watching.

A friend pointed out that this should have come out between Avengers 3 & 4. Perhaps sans the cut scene at the very end. Or between winter and A3, making room for another BW scarlet film.

I would have liked to see Red Guardian do one heroic feat. Just one. (not counting escaping America). Red Lardian was the comic relief, and he was largely useless on the quest.

I liked it

The A-plot was adequate. But the real point of the film was family and the characters interacting, and that was excellent
Taskmaster was great for the first half. They didn't do much, but they were basically the Terminator for their scenes. Unstoppable. The Taskmaster wasn't beaten, just delayed
Making Taskmaster a minion was an odd choice. There's a superior script out there were Dreykov died and Taskmaster took over for him and was in charge of the Red Room

Hopefully this isn't the last time we see Taskmaster. They lived and can appear in a future movie. Hopefully as a member of the Dark Avengers alongside Yelena, US Agent, Abomination, and whomever else is still under contract

I enjoyed the heist movie aspect to the final act. It's great to see the heroes have a plan and for the plan to actually work

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I would have liked to see Red Guardian do one heroic feat. Just one. (not counting escaping America). Red Lardian was the comic relief, and he was largely useless on the quest.
From a superhero fight standpoint, sure, he was largely comic - but then, he had been wasted in prison for 20 odd years, so what would you expect? He's not exactly in his prime.
But being a super soldier isn't his role in the movie. He fits a different narrative role, even if it is still somewhat comedic thanks to being so anachronistic.

I was amused by the reference to Ursa Major.

I knew about Taskmaster being able to copy based on just watching others fight from his comics including the time he got beat by deadpool who did the macarena. I was pleasantly surprised by the twist of how they did taskmaster.

Yelena got 80% of the best lines imo.

EDIT: Also this is the first time i've been able to understand all of "Smells like teen spirit"

Last edited:

Remove ads