Blindness and Clairvoyance

Castellan

First Post
I have a player with a blind psion character (in my campaign, it's not always possible or desirable to remove these handicaps), and we were discussing his character's potential use of the Claraudience/Clairvoyance power.

Obviously, Clairaudience is no problem, but what about Clairvoyance? According to the description, If [the observed area] is naturally pitch black, the manifester can see in a 10-foot radius around the center of the power's effect. This would seem to be true regardless of whether you had the ability to see in darkness or not. It also implies to me that the power is not based on the use of your sight organs or auditory organs (i.e. eyes and ears).

So, what do you think? Does the Clairaudience/Clairvoyance power produce the stimulus in your mind, or does it create it for the organs to hear/view?

Should I limit the character to just the use of Clairaudience, or not?

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I would let him go ahead and use Clairvoyance, rules be damned. He'll already have enough going against him. Letting him use Clairvoyance gives him that whole "blind-master-living-on-the-mountain" schtick, which is awesome. :)

Remove ads