• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood and Guts 2 Questions

kingpaul

First Post
molonel said:
Does anyone know what Vigilance's email address is? I've seen him post it on here, before.
Go to his blog (in his sig in the first post) and his email's at the bottom of that page.

Vigilance

Explorer
molonel said:
I don't understand how the Tactician feat and the Voice of Command ability for the Leadership Training work together.

Under Tactician, it says, "Normally when you roll a tactics skill check the benefits apply only to you. This feat allows you to grant the bonuses of a successful tactics skill check to your allies (characters who have the Teamwork feat for the same team). The number of allies affect is equal to double your Charisma modifier."

What does it mean, "when you roll a tactics skill check"? There isn't any listed means of using that skill in the Core d20 Modern rules, and there isn't a new section for Knowledge: Tactics under "New Skill Uses" in chapter 2 of Blood & Guts 2: Military Training Manual.

What did I miss?

You missed this, which was in B&G I and left out of B&G II by mistake:

Knowledge (Tactics) (Int)

New Use Combat Tactics: The Knowledge (tactics) skill provides a character with an advantage over his opponents in combat. Once per combat, as a move action, one character on each side of a battle may roll a tactics skill check, skill vs. skill, against the tactics skill roll of his opponent. The winner of this contest gains a bonus to either attack or initiative equal to his Intelligence modifier. If a bonus to initiative is selected, the character may either choose to improve his initiative by his Intelligence modifier, or roll again with an additional bonus equal to his Intelligence modifier. If the character chooses to roll again, he must take the new result even if it is worse than his previous initiative. This bonus applies only to the character using the skill, unless the character has the Tactician feat, in which case he may apply these bonuses to his teammates as well.

Also, is Voice of Command supposed to stack with the Inspiration or Greater Inspiration talent tree abilities of the Charismatic Hero? I know you can't be doing both of them at the same time, but if you took two rounds, would the bonuses stack?

No they wouldn't stack, both are morale bonuses.

Chuck

Vigilance, what do you do in circumstances where you're using B&G2, and you have an encounter between a group of soldiers and a creature without any ranks in Knowledge: Tactics?

Is it pretty much just an automatic bonus to the group with Knowledge: Tactics and the Tactician feat?

Pagan priest

First Post
Vigilance said:
We are going to do a limited print run to sell direct soon. However, we are not planning on doing a print run for distribution. When it's available from us directly, I'll share more. My guess would be around GenCon.
Hmmm, methinks GenCon has been and gone....

I have added the house rule in my B&G2-based campaign that in order for Teamwork to work, everyone in the group must have it, first.

Do you think this is a fair house rule, Vigilance?

Vigilance

Explorer
tinktinktinktink said:
Vigilance, what do you do in circumstances where you're using B&G2, and you have an encounter between a group of soldiers and a creature without any ranks in Knowledge: Tactics?

Is it pretty much just an automatic bonus to the group with Knowledge: Tactics and the Tactician feat?

I'd make it an automatic bonus if the other side didn't have tactics, yes.

I might let an opposing side roll if they had a Smart Hero with one of the plan talents (Exploit Weakness, Plan, Trick, something like that).

But if they had no tactical ability? Yeah, the other side should get the bonus.

Vigilance

Explorer
tinktinktinktink said:
I have added the house rule in my B&G2-based campaign that in order for Teamwork to work, everyone in the group must have it, first.

Do you think this is a fair house rule, Vigilance?

I wouldn't do it that way myself, because then that puts characters in a position of taking the feat, then waiting several levels while they wait for the rest of their team to get the feat.

It's an attractive enough feat that I generally don't have a problem with folks not wanting to take it.

Of course, it's also a balanced feat imo, since there are going to be times when you are separated from your team.

Remove ads