• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood & Vigilance Question

I recently purchased Blood & Vigilance, and I am really happy with it. Now with that said, what is a good creation/conversion method in order to bring new powers into the game? I want to replicate spiderclimb and other types of spells and psionic powers.

PosterBoy

First Post
The Cyber Samurai said:
I recently purchased Blood & Vigilance, and I am really happy with it. Now with that said, what is a good creation/conversion method in order to bring new powers into the game? I want to replicate spiderclimb and other types of spells and psionic powers.

I'll let chuck answer your question, but here's a power feat that will go into the update (no ETA on when that will happen).

Wall Crawling
You can move up vertical surfaces with insect-like ease.
Effect: You can move up solid surfaces at your normal speed. Glass, nonstick surfaces, and other unusual surfaces may require a Climb check, at a +5 bonus.

Vigilance

Explorer
Hi there Cyber :)

There are no hard and fast rules, however what I mostly did to balance was adjust the power points required for a bonus. If I was adding an attack power I would look at the powers in the game, and tweak its damage/power point and try to make sure it didn't overshadow any of the other powers as much as possible.

Chuck

ledded

Herder of monkies
We added several new powers and even gadgets to our game, and found it was quite easy to balance stuff using the same kind of guidelines already in there.

Gotta love it, it's great stuff, and we've had a blast with it. Even started a Story hour because it was too much fun to keep to ourselves :)

C. Baize

First Post
Hey... speaking of new powers and feats and gadgets and such...

I updated my additional powers file with several new power feats (I've been playing Freedom Force, and I want to create the characters... need new feats, and maybe some powers).

If you're interested, it can be found at my website in the tools section.

Also... Ledded... Hook a brotha up with the powers and gadgets you guys added.
Come on, man... kick 'em down... :)

C. Baize said:

I updated my additional powers file with several new power feats (I've been playing Freedom Force, and I want to create the characters... need new feats, and maybe some powers).

Thanks for the info.

Steve

C. Baize

First Post
My pleasure, man...
As much as I nagged Vig about doing a D20 Modern version... the least I can do is show my support... :)

ledded

Herder of monkies
C. Baize said:

Also... Ledded... Hook a brotha up with the powers and gadgets you guys added.
Come on, man... kick 'em down... :)
Cool stuff man.

I'll try to write up some of the stuff we came up with in a lucid format and post it up this week.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads