• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood & Vigilance Question

C. Baize

First Post
So... the latest Modern Dispatch article is my Blood and Vigilance bit. 12 pages of new powers, origins, feats, 3 new organizations, couple of pieces of new equipment...
Anyway...
One of the origins was cut for being too powerful, and I thought I'd post it here, for folks who might get some use out of it.

Avatars are the physical semi-mortal embodiment of a deity upon the Earth. Avatars generally resemble the popular depiction of the deity of whom they are an Avatar. These are incredibly powerful individuals, and the author’s recommendation (though this isn’t a rule, as it’s your game, not mine) is that they are reserved for Cosmic Level games, though there are certain iconic Super Hero groups that employ both Avatars and Advanced Training individuals, showing that with teamwork, it can all work out.
Avatars have an automatic disadvantage of Nemesis. Their Nemesis is another Avatar of a similar level who will actively work against them. For example, you might have the Avatar of Tyr (from the Asgardian pantheon) as part of a group with the Avatar of the Fenris Wolf as his Nemesis. Avatars’ stats increase by 2 at every level until they equal ½ the stats of the deity. An Avatar’s stats do not naturally increase beyond this point, even at every 4th level. While the Asgardian god Thor may have a Strength of 92, his Avatar would only reach 46 (only???). Avatars receive 12 power points at 1st level, and 3 power points per level thereafter. An Avatar’s powers must be chosen to reflect the powers of the deity they represent. In addition, the Avatar uses a unique weapon which performs the same functions as the iconic weapon of the deity they represent.

Vigilance

Explorer
Paul King, who works with us on a regular basis is also working on a Dispatch submission of Blood and Vigilance NPCs even as we speak.

Chuck

C. Baize

First Post
kroh said:
cool stuff...Are you planning on doing more modern dispatch "Vigilance" articles?

Regards
Walt

If I can come up with some more stuff, I'd love to submit more articles to the folks at RPGO. Can't guarantee it'll be good enough to make it in, but I'd submit it. :)
And hey... if it didn't make it in, I'd definitely post it.

kroh

First Post
Don't forget I am a big fan of that Chicken Salad Power...Looking forward to seeing that again...

Make sure you let the fans know when stuff hits...
Regards,
Walt

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads