• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood Wars Minis

Brakkart

First Post
Here's a couple more figures that I just found the pictures for on ebay. Seems they were handed out as promo's at GenCon. Frankly surprised no-ones posted these before actually, but anyway here they are:

skeletal_reaper.jpg

Skeletal Reaper

bluespawn_stormlizard.jpg

Bluespawn Stormlizard

Not that thrilled about the Reaper to be honest, but I do like the Stormlizard. No idea what rarity either figure has. The auctions (which also feature pics of the stat card) can be found here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-D-GenCon-20...oryZ2537QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-D-GenCon-20...oryZ2537QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lizard Lips

First Post
Does the stormlizard have two elbows on each foreleg? If so that's pretty wonky. The pic in the MMIV makes the stormlizard appear to have rhino like forelega, but the sculpt makes it look like he's got some rubber legs or somethin'.

Hopefully its just the angle. Or the lighting. Or something...

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Steve Jung said:
Gelugons. Humanoid with insect eyes and mandibles.
Haven't they already released pictures of a Gelugon mini in one of the earlier previews?

And on a related note: Yarr, bring 'er about lads - prepare to board! theres booty and plunder aplenty to be had you scurvy dogs...

NiTessine

Explorer
And the new preview is up, consisting mainly of these two pictures:

mi20060921a_chasme.jpg

Looks like a chasme demon.

mi20060921a_stagbtl.jpg

Presumably a large stag beetle. This one is going to see use, I think. Not so sure about the chasme.

Brakkart

First Post
Can't say I'm all that fond of either of those figures. I'm just going to have to hope I don't end up with a load of them I guess.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Gelugons. Humanoid with insect eyes and mandibles.

Actually, both names - Gelugon and Ice Devil - are used in 3e. Same as with many other outsiders, and the planes to boot (It's Infinite Layers of the Abyss, not one or the other)

frankthedm

First Post
Giant stag beetles have nasty damage output. I can understand why it slings 4d6, since it’s mandibles look like it would have Greater Improved Natural Attack, but 3E usually does not give out that kind of damage dice to a large monster. 6th to 7th level PCs can find that kind of damage crippling.

Being a sick bastard, I used these stats for “Giant Razorfang Roaches” lairing in the guano of a dire bat cave. My players were unamused. There were even less pleased when they found out there was swarm of the young razorfang roaches in the guano[rat swarm stats].

Ah, Detect Magic, where can’t you get players to go?

Giant Stag Beetle
Size/Type: Large Vermin
Hit Dice: 7d8+21 (52 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (-1 size, +10 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+15
Attack: Bite +10 melee (4d6+9)
Full Attack: Bite +10 melee (4d6+9)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample 2d8+3
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., vermin traits
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 10, Con 17, Int Ø, Wis 10, Cha 9
Skills:
Feats:
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Cluster (2-5) or mass (6-11)
Challenge Rating: 4
Advancement: 8-10 HD (Large); 11-21 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment:

These creatures are serious pests that greedily devour cultivated crops. A single beetle can strip an entire farm in short order. An adult giant stag beetle is about 10 feet long.
Trample (Ex)
Reflex half DC 19. The save DC is Strength-based.

Remove ads