• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodcove Disguise

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Scott DeWar: You are right and wrong there Scott. Yes you must be 5th level to take the Craft Wand feat, but you can always choose to lower your caster level when creating items. First level wands costing 750gp are CL 1, this is the default price and its nearly always foolish to create them at any other caster level. A CL 5 CLW wand would cost 3750gp, for 1d8+5 healing, as opposed to 750gp for 1d8+1.

All the prices for both Wands Scrolls and Potions are claculated at the lowest possible caster level.

udalrich

First Post
Syldar walks over to Chaucer and introduces herself. "I'm not certain that we've been introduced. I am Syldar Narthalial. That was a fine performance you gave during the last fight." She begins a discussion of how it could be put to music, which could last a while if Chaucer is interested.

Eventually, she turns serious again. "Since we seem to have similar talents, we should discuss how to effectively coordinate our efforts. Others often find my singing as inspiring as your speech, so I don't think that we need to be overly conservative in how often we use it as we would if only one of us were here."

She gestures toward her bow. "I mostly focus on using that during combat rather than spell casting. I do also have a variety of scrolls that could be useful. If you have similar items, it might make sense for us to compare what we have, so the other is able to use them should one of us be disabled. Does that make sense to you?"

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra smiles as the villagers exact many years of revenge onto the pirates, but soon finishes his task. He grabs the rapier, and swings it a little. Noticing the fine detail, he he turns towards the rest of the group and asks "Anyone need this? It would make well for the disguise I have going on. Also, Chaucer, can I read that writ?"

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer opens the case, and pulls one letter out at a time, reading it intently, rolling it back up, and replacing it in the case before pulling out another. By the time he has read them all, the rest of the party has joined him in the longboat. Once he explains the contents, including the line of credit and the parties possible bonus, he passes the case to Aradra to peruse. When he is finished, Chaucer puts the leather case back in his bag.

When he is finished arranging his bag to his liking, he looks up to see Syldar sitting next to him. After she introduces herself, he responds "I am Chaucer Tarsi, and my apologies for not introducing myself earlier, the last few days have been somewhat of a whirlwind. And thank you for your kind words, personally, I am a storyteller, and though I much prefer to inspire by telling grand epics of the past, some situations call for a bit more scathing a tongue. That wormrotten pirate deserved what he got, trying to barter with women. Despicable."

As they continue talking, Chaucer exclaims, "You sing!?" with greater jubliance then necessary, "You must do me the honor. I do not sing, but am learning some instruments, it seems we could make a fine grand noise together Syldar. Once we get settled, a concert is in order. You shall sing and dance, and I can accompany you on my djembe, and I might even fancy a tale myself!"

The excitement at meeting someone who enjoys history and song and story is evident on Chaucer's face, as if this is a rare delight for him. So entranced by the idea of swapping stories and songs, Chaucer dismisses the idea of sharing tactics saying, "Yes, yes we should discuss that, but do you know the song of Eliza the Hunched? Oh I do love that song!"

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra cant help but to smile as the two bards hit it off well.

EDIT: I'm assuming yes, but just wanted confirmation. We are keeping track of ammo right?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads