• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodcove Disguise

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"If the Sea Sprite is a swift as you say perhaps we could catch the remainder of that crew, I'll bet their ship would fetch a pretty penny. I am sure the world would be a better place if they were not in it." Raynucio says smiling wickedly as his fingers caress Capitas's hilt.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=jackslate45]
Mowgli: It was more a foretelling of victory if anything. with 2 left, and 4 heavy hitters, we had won lol.

Some confusion here :D - I use italics without quotes to indicate IC thoughts, quotes w/out italics is speech. Kalinn's rage fluff is akin to being filled with and taken over by a spiritual force of some sort; since she's not in control of her body at those times, once her rage is over she has no memory of the time.

So the questions were actually meant to convey her confusion as to what happened during her 'lost time.' Last she knew the fight was thick and she'd just been wounded, then she blinked and the fight was over . . .[/sblock]

galahad0430

First Post
As Raynucio goes to finish off the pirates, he finds himself in a race with Marhvokos's men and the villagers which are now spilling out of their huts. One unfortunate pirate is found by a group of village women and he is hauled off into the bushes as they pull out all manner of small knives.

Marhvokos responds to Raynucio first, "No, m' Lord, I do not think it would be worth the time. My Sprite could probably catch them, but it would be a stern chase and those are always long. Besides, according to Freddie, you all are supposed to be in somewhat of a hurry, correct?"

To Aradra he says, "Do not worry about the bodies, the villagers will be more than happy to take care of them."

Finally, to Chaucer he bows and says, "Thank you sir for helping my man. I have no true healer on board and, with his wounds, I do not think he would have made it."

OOC: The clothes are fine to take, jackslate. I don't think they are worth enough to warrant buying out of the loot. I'm not excatly sure of how that mechanic works, so if GE, AFg, or anyone else that knows wants to chime in and change it thats fine.

galahad0430

First Post
Marhvokos goes to speak with a couple of the villagers for a moment and then returns. Everyone loads up on the longboat and heads to the Sea Sprite. Boarding, Marhvokos immediately begins bellowing orders and you are happy to see that his crew seems very professional and skilled. In short order the ship is underway and headed for Sangre del Sol.

OOC: It takes just under three days to get to Sangre. I will give everyone the rest of the day to ask questions of Marhvokos or to do any other stuff. Also, I will post the documents in the pouch that was given to Chaucer. Also, I think after that first experience that the posting in blocks is better, I will use the initiative, but characters that are in blocks will just go in their posting order each round.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: For myself I would just say assume you have them as a temporary disguis as long as you don't want to keep them after the adventure don't worry about it. If you do just "pay" for them when the adventure ends.

"No you are right we have a deadline, if it will take any real amount of time it is not worth it. Let us be off then." Raynucio says with a scowl. He then begins heading for the Sea Sprite anxious to get underway.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Oh! I almost forgot (thats what happens when you make encounters on the fly :) ) The pirate Cpt had a MW rapier and 2 x CLW potions (which Raynucio gave him such a chance to use :) )

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: Gosh AFg, if you hadn't killed the cap'n so fast, maybe we could have looted his body more! lol

Chaucer nods as both Marhvokos and Raynucio mention their time frame. He makes his way to the injured sailor and produces the wand he used in the battle once again. Laying a hand on the man's chest, he feels his labored breathing. "You will live to tell your children of your adventures yet" Chaucer says as he activates the wand and watches the magic take its effect.

After the sailor is healed, he checks with the group, "Did the enemy carry anything of value or have we checked them all yet?"

Once the bodies have been searched he joins Marhvokos in the longboat to head to the sea sprite. Sitting in on the bench waiting to arrive at the sleek ship, he slips off his pack, and pulls out the weathersealed leather case that the magister had given him, "I guess we should find out what is in here eh?" he says as he opens it up.

galahad0430

First Post
There are several documents in the pouch. The first is a letter of introduction to House Carteghn identifying you as their agent with full authority for purchasing decisions and a list of supplies they want for the expedition. With that is a letter of credit (they have already paid this sum to the House Carteghn rep in Venza and it is signed by him) for a considerable sum of money. Attached to that is a note.
[sblock=note] Do not show this letter of credit until after you have finished all negotiations for the goods on our list. Any remaining funds are yours to keep as additional payment.

F.[/sblock]
There is also a letter of introduction to Raimondo Scevola, the caravan master.

Finally, there is a letter from Frederick.
[sblock=letter]
Good Sirs,
Capt. Marhvokos will vouch for your group on arrival at Sangre del Sol as merchants and guards. He is a good man and knows the area intimately. I would heed any advice he gives you. I suggest that you attempt to contact Senzer first, as he may have information that will help you if he is still there. Again, I remind you that discretion is paramount. The Brotherhood must be kept in the dark as long as possible. Tread carefully.

Good Luck,
Frederick
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
As he sets himself down in the longboat Raynucio pulls out Capitas, produces his whetstone and begins reverently honing the blades edge back to deadly perfection.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads