Bloodcove Disguise

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer finishes rounding up the horses and gets back to his comrades to see Shadow licking Kanlii's hand... er... claws. He takes a double take quickly and then shakes his head, muttering something about how he misses perfect elven ladies. He tethers the horses in the midst of his comrades and walks over to Aradra, who seemed to feel better, Well that is a new one... anyways, you all healed up? How many charges, cause you know, I think I am gonna start charging for each shot, since apparently none of you seem to be smart enough to get the hint that dodging is a good idea, Chaucer says jokingly, as he winks at Aradra, but realizes, that Shadow's sense of humor might not be as good as his masters, so he leaves off the good natured ribbing he had thought about giving him.

As he walks back to the horses he comments to Markas, "Well fought friend. I don't know if I have seen a man ever stand down and deny two calvary charges with not even a scratch... What did that commander call you? Turtle? Can I borrow that for the epic I am composing about our travels?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas looks a little embarrassed by the compliment. "An epic?! With me in it...I...I," the warrior stammers.

This was so different from his life of never ending patrols and chasing down cut purses. He looks to the others and nods to Chaucer. "So long as I'm not the brunt of to many punch lines," he offers.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Sorry guys for the delay. The holiday weekend was hectic and when I got back to work Tuesday, I got slammed with work. I will be getting things going today and tomorrow. And yes, Markas can lvl up

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
"No, something tells me he will swap things out. Like how he saved my life twice. Or he saved you from when you were bleeding out on the ground. Story tellers do that." Aradra says, going over to each of the horses. He pulls the largest of them, and looks over to Markas "This one will probally support that armor you have on. The rest of us can ride on these other ones. Either way, we need to be going soon. Grab your gear."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looking at the captains magical blade Markas asks, "Can I have this? I think it will come in handy for the next group of soldiers we meet."

galahad0430

First Post
You climb ever higher out of the jungle, the series of thin
switchback trails just large enough for Raimondo’s caravan
wagons. Suddenly, from the canopy below comes an unearthly
bellowing roar. Thousands of colorful birds take flight and
wing off away from the noise, and a cacophony of screeching,
chittering, and screaming follows the roar.
As you approach the top of the ridge, a dilapidated camp
comes into view. The camp is surrounded by a hastily
constructed palisade wall forming a semi-circle that both starts
and ends at an imposing cliff face stretching hundreds feet up
from the palisade. The bodies of hundreds of ape-like creatures
lie outside the walls in various states of decay. The stench is
overpowering, and a cloud of flies is thick above the carnage.
A cry goes up from the tower built over the palisade’s gate as
the lookouts spot you, and the gate itself rumbles aside on
rickety wooden wheels. A tall woman with black hair pulled back
against her head and a shortsword on her hip strides out from
the camp to meet you.
At that moment, a horn sounds from down in the valley,
closely followed by the screams of men and horses. Looking
below, you see another group of Brotherhood mercenaries, riding
fast up the switchback trails, with hundreds—maybe even
thousands—of ape-men hurling stones at them and running hard on their heels.

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
"By the Gods! You are a sight for sore eyes!" The woman exclaims as she comes out to meet you.
"Hurry, we must get inside the palisade before that wave of Charau-ka hits. Are those men with you?" She asks pointing to the Brotherhood troops fleeing before the apemen.

jackslate45

First Post
"They are Brotherhood. Ignore them" Aradra says, shouldering his bow and getting ready to push the cart.

Edit: Did not see DM's post. my bad

Last edited:

udalrich

First Post
Syldar hurries toward the palisade, readying her bow. "How do we drive them off? Surely there are too many to actually kill all of them," she asks the woman.

As she asks, she looks to see if there are choke points where a Grease spell could slow the approach of the Charau-ka. Having seen them, she tries to recall stories of the creatures, indicating what their weaknesses and strengths might be.

OOC: Sorry for the break in posting. Work has been extremely busy. However, the final tests passed today, so I should be posting more frequently. Will level up Syldar over the weekend.

[sblock="Status"]
AC (/touch/FF): 18/13/15
Hit Points: 20/20
Saves (F/R/W): +1/+6/+2
Bardic music used: 0/10
Spells cast: 1: 0/4
Current effects:

Used items: 2 potions of lesser restoration from caravan
[/sblock]

Remove ads