Bob Bledsaw, man behind Judges Guild and the wilderlands

Treebore

First Post
It was made public today that Bob Bledsaw, the man behind Judges Guild and the Wilderlands setting, Traveller material, and so much more is terminal with cancer.

This wonderful fellow gamer will only be with us another 3 months at most.

So let us all try and let the man know what he means to us before then.

Last edited:

Mystaros

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Do you have a link to this public announcement made by Mr. Bledsoe?

Okay, it's out now.

Unfortunately this is true. Bob Bledsaw has terminal cancer.

Bob's cancer has spread beyond what is curable. They will be doing radiation treatments to help him feel better for the time he has left, but that is only three months on the outside, according to the doctors.

I hope to have an official statement from the family later this afternoon. They have asked that friends and fans remember Bob in their prayers and thoughts.

Treebore

First Post
As far as I know the family has not made a formal public announcement, I got my info from James Mishler, a guy who has a license to Judges Guilds Wilderlands setting under the Castles and Crusades games system. The same guy who has the Adventure Games Publishing banner add here on ENWorld right now.

So James is about as reliable a source as any, and he is asking, or has asked, what the family wants to do about making such a formal and public statement.

Believe me, I would love for this to be a hoax, but it isn't.

sjmiller

Explorer
Wow. Just ... wow.

I have been a hug fan of Bob's work since the early 1980s. City State of the Invincible Overlord; Wilderlands of High Fantasy; some of the best DragonQuest material out there; support for Traveller; and some of the most entertaining modules of the early era of gaming.

Bob is a dedicated gamer and game producer. His material is about the fun of gaming.

My thoughts are with him and his family at this most difficult time. My sister has been going through cancer treatment this last year, so I know how scary this can be.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Thank you for verifying that. I'm very sorry to hear about Mr. Bledsaw and hope that his transition is a relatively painless one :(

Last edited:

Remove ads