Bob the World Builder Interviews Kyle Brink

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That is never relevant.

And the only sex scene in BG3 right now is the one with Minthara and it's very graphic, softcore at mininium, and they haven't even added in the genitials have made for the game yet (they were datamined). There are sex scenes with at minimium 5 to 6 origin characters as well, with a variety of possible races and genders invovled. That's just what we know about. Oops forgot about the Orger sex. No this is a game just for adults. Which is fine. But let's stop pretending this is just a PG-13 brand, it's not, anymore then Marvel is.

And I haven't even mentioned the body horror either which is very graphic and extreme. The fiend worshipping may also bother more religious folks. And depictions of BDSM. Etc...
Marvel is a PG-13 brand too, yes.

Clint_L

Hero
I already buy content like this on D&D Beyond. It doesn't feel predatory to me, quite the opposite. I don't want most of WotC's big adventure books, especially not for $30 on Amazon for the use of one monster.

If I use their VTT (I currently use no VTT and am ambivalent at best about ever using one), buying miniatures and scenery a la carte is how I'd prefer to do it, rather than paying $30 for a bunch of, say, lost world miniatures that I only want to use a pterosaur from, for an aerial cavalry in a non-lost world setting.
That’s how they already handle transactions on DDB so it wouldn’t surprise me if the same sales model is used for their VTT.

JohnSnow

Hero
Companies that deal with a lot of IP sure do, especially in entertainment.
And outside of entertainment. I'm a business/energy/sustainability consultant, and I've signed more NDAs than you can shake a stick at, both as an employee (it's part of the basic employment contract), and stand-alone (as part of being engaged as a freelance consultant.

So it's not exactly a rare clause.

Scribe

Legend
And the only sex scene in BG3 right now is the one with Minthara and it's very graphic, softcore at mininium, and they haven't even added in the genitials have made for the game yet (they were datamined). There are sex scenes with at minimium 5 to 6 origin characters as well, with a variety of possible races and genders invovled. That's just what we know about. Oops forgot about the Orger sex. No this is a game just for adults. Which is fine. But let's stop pretending this is just a PG-13 brand, it's not, anymore then Marvel is.

Thing is, literally none of that is adding to the actual story or game. Its there for nothing but shock value, and its crass.

Worst 'romances' I've seen in an RPG, without question.

Remove ads