BOEF Errata/Updates?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Really? Someone uses this book in their campaign? Wonder what that's like. Wait, don't tell me. Forget I asked. ;)

Have you read the book? There's a lot of stuff in that could be used in a standard campaign. The Imagist class, the Mentor feat, the Metaphysical Spellshaper prestige class, and many of the adventure hooks are usable in a g-rated campaign...

Gromnar

First Post
I'm currently running a Forgotten Realms campaign that uses the Sisters of Rapture material, BOEF and some other similar-themed 3rd party material. I've modified the Sisters background heavily to fit with Forgotten Realms and the campaign itself, but the campaign is a high-powered one with an excellent storyline. We play on d20Pro as well as have RP on our forums and MSN.

I'm pretty experienced with the Sisters of Rapture, BOEF and those kinds of materials. They can really add flavor to a campaign and make it unique: you just have to balance that flavor with the reality of the rules, adjusting things to fit. Just like any material you include, its only as hard as you make it.

I will say that Sisters of Rapture is an excellent book. It is an interesting take on the classic intimate theme, though unless you are really going to make the Sisters a central part of your campaign, it won't have a lot of information that can assist you, where BOEF is very wide-scoped (if odd).

Not to turn it into a shameless plug, but I'm always looking for new players and if anyone is interested in knowing more about the campaign I'm running, I'd be happy to link you.

Use the material with caution, it was never properly balanced.

The most extreme case that I'm aware of: Maximized Beauty's Caress and a Charisma or Appearance based caster.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Zireal said:
I disliked the additional ability score, but Perform wasn't bad. At least some of the feats made sense of "chainmail bikini".

It's funny how, if you know where to look, you can find a lot of material in various third-party supplements that make sexy armor - as well as adventuring in nothing but a skimpy outfit (e.g. wearing no armor at all) - entirely practical in the context of the game.

I'm currently running a Forgotten Realms campaign that uses the Sisters of Rapture material, BOEF and some other similar-themed 3rd party material. I've modified the Sisters background heavily to fit with Forgotten Realms and the campaign itself, but the campaign is a high-powered one with an excellent storyline. We play on d20Pro as well as have RP on our forums and MSN.

You know, I remember seeing your forums for this a little while ago, and being impressed at how you'd blended the material together for your campaign.

Gromnar

First Post
Thank you, that is highly appeciated! My players wanted to try using the intimate material and we love Forgotten Realms, and thankfully there are deities there that fall under that porfolio. It was a rocky start, but we've gotten to a balanced point and things have really taken off. There's only three players right now (though there's more cohorts and such), which sort of limits things right now.

Samloyal23

Adventurer

I'm pretty experienced with the Sisters of Rapture, BOEF and those kinds of materials. They can really add flavor to a campaign and make it unique: you just have to balance that flavor with the reality of the rules, adjusting things to fit. Just like any material you include, its only as hard as you make it.

I will say that Sisters of Rapture is an excellent book. It is an interesting take on the classic intimate theme, though unless you are really going to make the Sisters a central part of your campaign, it won't have a lot of information that can assist you, where BOEF is very wide-scoped (if odd).

Not to turn it into a shameless plug, but I'm always looking for new players and if anyone is interested in knowing more about the campaign I'm running, I'd be happy to link you.

d20 pro? Linkage much?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
So far, the most broken thing I have seen in the book is the spell Beauty's Caress. A Feykissed character with 20 levels in Imagist could use the maximize feat with this spell in and have an Appearance score of 65. I think that is a tad high... :p

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The most broken thing that I saw in the BoEF was the pleasurable magic weapon quality.

This magic weapon quality makes your weapon deal nonlethal damage, and also causes a creature hit by it - on every single hit, mind you - to make a DC 15 Will save, or be affected by an orgasmic vibrations spell.

Now, by itself the concept of a weapon that causes people to have an orgasm when hit with it is probably too silly for most people, but that's not the problem. The problem is that if you fail the save against orgasmic vibrations, you're dazed for 1 round per caster level (the magic weapon quality has a minimum caster level of 7).

So effectively, every hit with a pleasurable weapon forces a creature to make a Will save or be taken out of the fight for 7 rounds. I'm sorry, but that's broken as hell.

The most broken thing that I saw in the BoEF was the pleasurable magic weapon quality.

This magic weapon quality makes your weapon deal nonlethal damage, and also causes a creature hit by it - on every single hit, mind you - to make a DC 15 Will save, or be affected by an orgasmic vibrations spell.

Now, by itself the concept of a weapon that causes people to have an orgasm when hit with it is probably too silly for most people, but that's not the problem. The problem is that if you fail the save against orgasmic vibrations, you're dazed for 1 round per caster level (the magic weapon quality has a minimum caster level of 7).

So effectively, every hit with a pleasurable weapon forces a creature to make a Will save or be taken out of the fight for 7 rounds. I'm sorry, but that's broken as hell.

Ouch! Somehow I missed that one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases