D&D 5E Boop

What is the best Chassis for a 5e Warlord class?

• Artificer

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Bard

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleric

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Fighter

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Monk

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Paladin

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Rogue

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Sorcerer

• Druid

• Wizard

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Warlock

Votes: 9 14.5%

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
You know what, man, at no point have I been a dismissive, insulting, jerk to you about this disagreement.

You normally have more class than this.

Not dismissive you say?

I don't believe for a moment that you even believe that Chill Touch and Firebolt, are as similar as a literally directly stolen hook from two pop songs.

Please let the facts speak for themselves. You've been denying that it's possible he sees no difference between firebolt and chill touch despite him telling you multiple times he doesn't see a difference in them....

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
They dont feel any different in play, very much differences with no real difference. (Cantrips I mean)

My entire post above is how the game feels to me though. I don't expect everyone to have the same experience of the game. For me though, I don't find the armour on the cleric, or a bard's inspiration make them feel different or unique to me. Obviously they suit different character concepts better or worse, but they feel pretty interchangeable to me. YMMV, of course

FrogReaver

They dont feel any different in play, very much differences with no real difference.

My entire post above is how the game feels to me though. I don't expect everyone to have the same experience of the game. For me though, I don't find the armour on the cleric, or a bard's inspiration make them feel different or unique to me. Obviously they suit different character concepts better or worse, but they feel pretty interchangeable to me. YMMV, of course

Do you feel the cleric and bard play the same?

FrogReaver

Given that you believe this, what sort of thing do you think would add meaningful difference to the play experience?

firebolt and chill touch in a setting where the enemies are typically from the fire elemental plane and are resistant to fire and weak to cold.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Do you feel the cleric and bard play the same?
Up to a point. My goals from a full caster are pretty similar no matter which class I'm playing because of the way 5e spells play. The armour and class abilities are, at least to me, pretty incidental feeling. That's not to say that I dont build or play strong Bard or Cleric characters, but what makes those cool, for me, is the concept and story, not the mechanics

FrogReaver

Up to a point.

Sounds like a copout

My goals from a full caster are pretty similar no matter which class I'm playing because of the way 5e spells play. The armour and class abilities are, at least to me, pretty incidental feeling.

So you are just as likely to play a melee lore bard as a melee tempest cleric...? Or is the difference in melee and ranged also just an incidental feeling?

That's not to say that I dont build or play strong Bard or Cleric characters, but what makes those cool, for me, is the concept and story, not the mechanics

So you admit clerics and bards are more suited for different concepts and stories. Doesn't that above all else show they are meaningfully different?

firebolt and chill touch in a setting where the enemies are typically from the fire elemental plane and are resistant to fire and weak to cold.
So, one capability that technically deals slightly more damage, but in truth is usually considerably less, and one that deals consistently the same damage to everything, plus has an occasionally-useful special rider on it?

As it is, the two are often more distinct than the primary weapon choice for martial characters, bearing in mind that cantrips are generally less important to a caster than weapons are to a martial type.

Remove ads