Borrowing/stealing from Adventures in Middle Earth for 5e

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I got both the books because I'm a sucker for Tolkien and I enjoy 5e. There are some things that I'm wondering about porting over to my home game.

The first is basically theft rather than inspiration.

I like a ton of the virtues, but because AiME isn't as potent as standard 5e DnD the feats are simpler. What would be the best way to integrate the virtues as if they were feats. My current thought is to just give everyone a choice at first level, but the campaign is running at 5-8 right now.

The second is because of how AiME allows you to use Inspiration or Hit Dice to power certain abilities. I love this idea. In my game Hit Dice are used for healing all too rarely. My thought here is to allow a Hit Die to be converted to Inspiration or to power a level 1-2 Class (not subclass) power that recharges on Long Rest (I haven't looked up that entire list yet). My thought is it would rob a tiny bit of healing while allowing more heroic moments.

Thoughts on these ideas?

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I think Virtues are on the whole a little weaker than feats, but Barding Swordmaster is way too powerful.

I think hit dice and inspiration to power abilities is awesome, but will seem punishing when compared to just using a spell slot.

I like these features, but don't think they translate well into a regular 5e game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases