• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston EN World game a tremendous success!

Quickbeam

Explorer
I'm sorry I couldn't be in attendance, but the final date selected just made the travel arrangements impossible for me. Nonetheless I'm glad you all had fun, and I hope to be at the next Boston Gameday!!

Datt

First Post
I must second what Henry said. I had no game this weekend due to others planning weddings and what not. So I have enjoyed reading about the exploits of others.

Oh and Doc, dave_o is right. Based on that flash intro, and your KoSK thread I would play in anything that you ever ran. If New England didn't have such harsh winters (Compared to Texas) I would almost be jealous of you guys and gals up there.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yeah, holy cow - it was a great evening. It was fun to call the small pizza place across the street.

"Hey, if I order nine pizzas, will you give me a discount?"

Pizza and pistols. Mmmmm. Plus, I got to taunt a horrible bad guy by using cutlery, and cut someone's head off with a train, and climb a ferris wheel - I've never done that before! Doc Midnight gives great Feng Shui.

The evening didn't start well for me, though. In Feng Shui, you roll two d6 (one positive, one negative), take the difference, and add your skill; a natural "6" on either die means you keep rolling it. Thus, if you roll a positive 4 and a negative 2, you add 2 to your skill. Simple, eh? Well, the VERY FIRST thing my character was going to do was to frisbee a plate into some mook's neck. I roll a positive 1 and a negative 6.. roll again, 6.. roll again, 6.. roll again, 5. Yes, that's negative 22 before adding my martial arts skill of +16! You know, they say that in Feng Shui it is much better to die than to look bad.

*sob*

Last edited:

mearls

Hero
Wow, what a fantastic day of gaming. Dr. Midnight must have his doctorate in Feng Shui 'cause that game ruled. It was great meeting people, and I look forward to gaming with y'all again in the future.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Re: Re: !

Dr Midnight said:
And, hey, this HEROES OF HIGH FAVOR: ELVES book... damn Wulf. I poked through this thing last night and was loving it.

Thanks! The others are pretty fun, too. I believe a sadistic DM could get some mileage out of Half-Orcs.

HEROES OF HIGH FAVOR: Loved by flash DM's everywhere. :)

Datt

First Post
Who makes Feng Shui and where is it available to buy online? or if anyone knows of a store that carries it in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Hearing all of this great feedback just makes me look forward to the Chi town game day. I am glad to know everyone had so much fun and thanks for letting us know.

Conaill

First Post
I had a BLAST! Thanks again to everyone involved in making this happening, especially PC and KC for opening their house up to yet another ENWorld invasion, and Wulf for running a smashing League of Extraordinary Gentlemen game!

A few excerpts form the League game (feel free to correct if I didn't get these quite right):

Mr. West: "Well, technically, we both work for the US government and I outrank him, so I have every right to shoot him."

Griffin (Invisible Man): "I search the guard's corpse" DM: "Hang on, he's only unconscious, you know!" Griffin: "I make him a corpse, then I search his pockets."

"Wait, let's ask him some questions first, before we mess with his brain."

I'm eagerly awaiting Wulf's Story Hour writeup of the game for more quotes that have already escaped my own sleep deprived brain. :)

I wish I could have hung around a little longer to chat after the games, but my brain was starting to overheat. Not sure if it was that damn turban, aftereffects of the Cydonian heat ray, or simply the collective hot air of the entire Boston contingent of ENworlder rising up to the third floor where we were gaming :D

Remove ads