Boston Game Day - May The Fourth Be With You (PLAYER SIGN-UPS)

FickleGM

Explorer
Okay, I moved [MENTION=11195]Seonaid[/MENTION] from [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION] 's game to [MENTION=4779]John Crichton[/MENTION] 's game. I also added Tabitha (my daughter) to [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION] 's game and [MENTION=4779]John Crichton[/MENTION] 's game.

FickleGM

Explorer
If we aren't able to get at least two more players for [MENTION=74330]LordBill[/MENTION] 's morning game by next Saturday, I'm going to go ahead and move that we cancel that game and move [MENTION=74330]LordBill[/MENTION] & [MENTION=88534]WalkingCorpse[/MENTION] into [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION] 's game. I am perfectly satisfied with sitting out the first game and helping with any preparations necessary for lunch.

While the afternoon games are not all full, I believe that each has enough players to make a go of it, so I'm going to assume all five will be run (if anyone feels that they do not have enough players to run their game, please let me know). Due to the attendance of this Gameday being a bit over 4-games and well under a full 5-games, I'm going to ask that anyone who has to bow out PLEASE post in this thread as soon as possible, so that contingency plans can be put into motion.

Anyone who is driving - please park along the side of the road in front of our house (3 Bridle Spur Rd - second house on the right...white one on top of the hill), or along the road on Bridle Spur Rd or Lakeview Ave - Please be courteous and do not block any mailboxes or driveways. The indented-gravel space in front of the third house on the right is part of the neighbor's driveway, so please avoid parking there, as well. Other than that, there should be plenty of curbside parking between Bridle Spur Rd and Lakeview Ave.

As a final note - if anyone needs to be picked up from the train station, please let me know. Thank you!

I wish we had a few more, but I'm still very excited and looking forward to May 4th! I can't wait to see all of you!

Last edited:

Tachikoma

First Post
Hey, it is Matt (of Lugazi fame). Finally got around to signing up to the site. Hmm, sign me up for Fungus and Bulger? Or maybe Steam Wars.

FickleGM

Explorer
Looks like all of one gaming group and most of two others will be present!

Matt & D ( [MENTION=6741636]Tachikoma[/MENTION] & [MENTION=6741645]RazorLollipopGirl[/MENTION] ), I will throw you into the last two spots in the Atomic Robo game and the Bulger game.

With that said, we are full on 4 of 5 morning games. I have a couple potential recruits left to try, so I am hoping Game 2 in the morning happens. :)

FickleGM

Explorer
Yikes! We are only a few days away (and I may, or may not, be very nervous)!

Address:
[sblock]
3 Bridle Spur Rd*
Danvers, MA 01923

*Or Ln - it recently changed, so GPS might recognize Ln.
[/sblock]

I can't do directions very well, but I will try:

I-95 (from the North):
[sblock]
Take exit 50 onto Route 1/Newburyport Turnpike/Boston St.

Take the exit onto HWY 62 toward Danvers, go under RTE 1, stay right and get immediately back on Route 1/I-95 going north.
[/sblock]

I-95 (from the south):
[sblock]
Take exit 50 toward Topsfield.
[/sblock]

Everyone else:
[sblock]
If it is easier to get onto RTE 1 from the north, going south, do so. Go past the Topsfield Fairgrounds and turn left onto Salem Rd, then follow the last paragraph in the next sblock.

All others should find their way to HWY 62, travel west through Danvers OR east toward Danvers, hop onto RTE 1/I-95 North.
[/sblock]

RTE 1 North:
[sblock]
At the stoplight, go straight.

Continue for about 1 3/4 miles.

Turn right onto Salem Rd (this will be at the second yellow intersection sign - the first will be a left-only, while this is a + intersection).

Stay on Salem Rd for about a mile, then turn right at Lakeview Ave (immediately past the Danvers townline...the crappy road gains a center stripe at this point).
[/sblock]

Arriving and Parking:
[sblock]
Lakeview Ave is a U that eventually connects back with the road you just left (called Locust St in Danvers), so if you get to a T, just turn around and come back up.

There is only one road off of Lakeview Ave, the one I live on, Bridle Spur Rd. We are the second house on the right (big white house at the top of the hill).

We don't have any real parking, per se, as the driveway would be single-file and not fun to get in and out of, so please park along the street on Bridle Spur or Lakeview.

Be mindful of other people's driveways and mailboxes, as this is a mail delivery day (including our mailbox). Do not park in front of the house immediately next to us further in on Bridle Spur, as they have turned their "roadside" into a gravel parking spot for a few of their vehicles.

Other than that, there should be plenty of parking with a short walk.
[/sblock]

Note: Anyone in the area who knows how to get to my place is free to take your own route. :)

Call me if you get lost or need help.
[sblock]
608-293-2064
[/sblock]

We received no word regarding train station pick-ups, so we are assuming everyone is driving or riding with someone who is.

EDIT: As a user of tapatalk, I know that my use of sblocks isn't helpful, so know that I do empathize with others who use this app. Sorry.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Whoo hoo, I can't wait! I'll be spending Friday cooking BBQ while I work. Fickle, what's our total person-count for attendees?

Remove ads