• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston Gameday Aug 22nd, 2009 (logistics and directions linked from 1st post)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Instead of "up from the gutter," I'll be running:

Skulduggery! This is a playtest of Pelgrane Press's new game by Robin Laws, based off the Dying Earth rules set. The setting?

Skulduggery and Crossbones!

The Black Swan is becalmed in the Caribbean. Can you fend off the privateer vessel The Indomitable without taking each other's heads off first? A game of verbal acrobatics and sudden reversals.

6 players; all rules will be taught.

John Crichton

First Post
Instead of "up from the gutter," I'll be running:

Skulduggery! This is a playtest of Pelgrane Press's new game by Robin Laws, based off the Dying Earth rules set. The setting?

Skulduggery and Crossbones!

The Black Swan is becalmed in the Caribbean. Can you fend off the privateer vessel The Indomitable without taking each other's heads off first? A game of verbal acrobatics and sudden reversals.

6 players; all rules will be taught.
Whee!

Sign-ups updated accordingly.

I'll have you know that this game sounds really interesting. "A game of verbal acrobatics and sudden reversals."
plotting.gif

Silver Moon

Adventurer
After paying our bills and finding a few unexpected expenses, I don't think the Wife and I are going to make it for this gameday. Roll some twenties for me.

Sorry to hear that, SilverMoon Junior and I were both up for a round of Ponies (Janiru still raves about that game). Ah well, I'll look at the other offerings.

Just took a look at the PC's in my game. So far for JLA playing characters we have Black Canary, Booster Gold and Red Arrow. Note, it isn't mandatory to pick heroes with colors in their name. :)

Here is the game blub again and list of other available PC's:

"When Bats turn Bad” - Mutants and Masterminds

Once the mighty protector of Gotham City, the attitude of the hero known as Batman has changed. He has imprisoned the entire G.C.P.D. and declared martial law over the city, naming himself Overlord. His former followers now patrol the streets, helping to fulfilling the Overlord’s every whim. A call has gone out to the Justice League of American to free the city from the clutches of their wayward teammate.

Possible Playing Characters:
Aquaman, Black Lightning, Blue Devil, Doctor Fate, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Icemaiden, PlasticMan, Ray, Steel (John Henry Irons), Superman, Vixen, Wonder Woman, and Zatanna

Two more questions:

Piratecat, what are the actual time slots for the games?

Umbran, would your Space 1889 be age-appropriate for my son to game with me in?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Umbran, would your Space 1889 be age-appropriate for my son to game with me in?

The game should be soundly grounded in Victorian sensibilities. The raciest it is apt to get is the occasionally exposed ankle, or maybe, if things get really rough, an artfully torn skirt. I would encourage language to be more colorful than modern-vulgar.

One of the characters I was expecting to include was a precocious kid, so that's no problem, even.

I note that even the currently scheduled games are not yet full, much less the unscheduled ones. Has anyone done the math, and seen whether the unscheduled games are even necessary at this point?

Remove ads