• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bragging Rights!

Agamon

Adventurer
Congrats to our King!

Really, though, what kind of list is that? How does Bill Gates not make it? And Scully there but not Mulder? Where's Doogie Houser? Where's Carrot Top? Where's Wesley Crusher? Where's Napoleon Dynamite? Where's Stephen Hawking?

Not to mention that they mix nerds and geeks. If you ask me, Gary's actually King of the Geeks, not nerds, which is actually much cooler.

Zuoken

First Post
KaeYoss said:
Did you really invent the 20-sided die, or was that just a joke from the article? I mean, I'd think that was present before, in Wargaming or something like that.

I remember seeing an article a long time back with a picture of a preserved Roman Empire-Era d20. Gary does get the kudos for mass producing the venerable polyhedron though!

Congrats Gary, and good luck!

Testament

First Post
Hail to the king! I agree though, where the spork was Bill Gates on that list?

Although having "The Fonz" up so high on that list made me laugh. And I still worship Quentin Tarantino, like Tori Amos' music, find Natalie Portman attractive, and have every intention of spending next year in Japan.

I guess that makes me on heck of a nerd.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Heh,

Okay, and I do believe the 20-sided shape, the icosahedron, is accredited to Plato as one of the six geometric shapes he established as having equal sides.

My coronation by Sync means that I must be supplied with coffee and a doughnut in the morning, an ale anytime from noon onwards, if you are a gamer and happen to see me in a place serving same and me without such fare...pretty unlikely:D

As for the form of address, as one of my old buddies was want to say,"Call me anything you like as long as it isn't late for supper."

Cheers,
Gary

psyekl

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Okay, and I do believe the 20-sided shape, the icosahedron, is accredited to Plato as one of the six geometric shapes he established as having equal sides.

(Dude, you won already! you can stop doing that now :)

Thank you for the countless hours of enjoyment. Thank you for the distractions from the real world. Thank you for giving us a way to step into worlds of magic and wonder. Thank you for giving us a way to live out grand adventures we would never have known otherwise. Thank you for giving us a way to make the realms of our imaginations come to life. There are just so many things to thank you for!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads