Brains needed...

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I'd love any interested parties to contact me. There are plenty of ways, a PM here, or an email to leeraeg@hotmail.com, catch me in the chats (mostly as Ariel in Nexus).

Siani, this one's (hopefully) gonna be in your new backyard, so when you can spare some time can you leave me a way of contacting you so I can toss a plan your way and you can say yes or no and/or recommend changes.

I realise I'm getting ahead of myself (since we're not quite at the new setting stage), but at this point it's mostly planning and design anyways. So I figure by the time I'm done planning you probably will be too!! ^^

On that note, anyone who does express interest needs to realise that while I can -probably- manipulate the SL to run in another setting there's always the possibility it wont.

So the basic run-down (I've put a whole few hours into this so far...mainly due to the fact that I'm planning on not playing Bunny anymore...)...

I want the main characters to be part of a group. They're going to be dreamweavers (cooler name to come.) A dreamweaver uses a particular power of their voice to mentally modify other people. It takes time, and effort and works similar in effects to behaviour modification techniques. These sort of people pick professions useful to their abilities, such as bards, storytellers etc.

I imagine that some dreamweavers are good, and some are bad. I intend for the group I put together for them to appear good. The underlying cause behind their actions aren't going to be so pure. They aren't gonna run around killing folk though...:):), so if you're after pats on the back for playin' a great evil mastermid this probably isn't the best place for you.

If any of that tickles your fancy, contact me. If you want to help me put it together or have any ideas you'd like added, let me know. If this theory/skill (which I put together from two books) exists, give me a term for it so I'm not feeling so stupid.

Characters I want to organise:
*The weavers
*The victims

It would be nice if someone wanted to organise the resistance...(and if no one comes forward I'll look into it if/when this gets off the ground).

If Siani wants me to get back in my box, say so ^^!

Magi_Siani

First Post
Players are free to create whatever organizations and/or storylines they wish. As long as the activities of the members/storylines do not violate the CoC or Setting Rules there ought to be no problem.

The Magi do not, however, officially recognize or sanction any group or storyline.

Siani

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I'll take that as a no, and you're busy.

I was just bein' polite. I dont expect you to recognise/participate/endorse any part of the story yourself. But since you are the maker of the rules I figured it would be nice to get a yes or no answer about whether it violates the setting rules or CoC. (Yes I can read, but interpretation has landed a lot of people in anguish lately). You know, rather than getting players prepped and then having someone point out something I missed and getting a royal flogging for it.

Magi_Siani

First Post
I simply said you can run whatever stories or groups you like as long as it doesn't violate the CoC. Standard comment.

I don't see any violations in the little bit you've posted here but there's not really enough to go on to , make such a determination. If you need to contact me directly you can use stormwind@oakstone-keep.com or the Magi team in general at our gmail account. You can send more detailed ideas if you like but in general the answer will remain the same; as long as the storyline or the actions of the participants do not violate the CoC or Setting Rules, you can play at whatever you like.

Granted some people get burned for interpretational things...usually because the interpretation used is specifically to support the desire of whomever gets lectured. If you have to ask yourself if something breaks the rules or not there's a good possibility it does. If you have a specific rules query, we'll be glad to clear it up as best we can.

Siani

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Currently, Siani, I have to appologise for bothering you. Workin with other players I'm sorting out the kinks without having to poke you. My appologies for doing so earlier.

Intro One - first dreamy! Lol.

Clover
There's obviously something uniquely different about this girl. She seems young, not young enough to be childish, but rather with an imperceivable look to her that makes her both pretty and wise. Her blue-green eyes sparkle, laughter, happiness, experience; most often accompanied by her cherry lipped smile and soft sweet laughter. There is something strangely curious about her; a grin here, and a glance there that draws and gives attention evenly. She seems interested in most anything.

Straight layered hair drifts about her face, sometimes teasing her eyes, her cheeks, her nose, her neck and lightly the top of her shoulders. It's an unusual dusty red-brown which seems to gift both constant amusement and annoyance to it's owner, desperately and vainly tucked behind her ears. Her features are best described as dainty barely reaching 4'11". Her nose is buttoned, perched on her flawless pale skin. She dresses according to her whim, currently in silks of clover green; a colour she is much in love with. The dress is contoured but not overly flattering, she hasn't the physique for such gifts. But she is trim and neat and tidy, and the fabric very much enjoys the dance around her legs when she strolls. Her feet are tucked into brown buckskin boots, the soft leather much liking the wireyness of her legs covering her ankles and half her calves. With no sleeves, a tattoo of a four-leaf clover can be seen on her fore-arm with writing underneath that reads: 'Lucky Star'. She has an apparent distaste for jewelery, or indeed accessories of any kind, keeping a simple dagger next to the small pouch on the cincture about her waist.

Based on this image http://beautifulgoddess.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/clover3.jpg

Clover is a storyteller/adventurer. She adventures to gather more stories... ^^

That aside, after much discussion I think Dreamweavers will be getting their strange voice capabilities from a god, along with their 'want' to meddle. The question is, what god's are appropriate for your new Tav setting Siani? I was thinking Cyric looks nice, but being FR (??) I'm not 100% on him (thanks Sabbah for all you're great ideas!!).

So when I'm done nutting that out I can move on to bigger and better things.

Magi_Siani

First Post
There are no specific gods for the new setting. While gods and god avatars cannot come there, they can still grant their followers powers and spells without obstruction.

I chose not to import the Gods for my home version of this setting nor to create a pantheon. That's a LOT of work and headache. So instead your god is whomever or whatever you want. They can grant you powers and spells, but they cannot come to Abu Al Shattya, nor can they do anything to it.

The 'demiplane' such as it is, is entirely of Siani's creation and as I've indicated before, is set on no published world...in fact, she won't tell anyone precisely where it is...although she may tell various people different things. ;)

So feel free to have your character follow whatever gods they like.

Siani

Remove ads