• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brainstorming DEFENSE

Pixel

First Post
I don't like the idea about static defense, it eliminates the ability to make a very defense focused character, but on the other hand defense easily gets really high with heavy armor.

maybe increase penalties on armor to reduce soak, or defense?

Assuming the END dice + AGI dice * 3 for defense (maybe plus flat acrobatics dice on top)

• Light armor -2 defense
  • Medium armor -4 defense
  • Heavy armor -6 defense

Alternatively, off the top of my head:

• Light armor: reduce defense by 1/4
  • Medium armor: reduce defense by half
  • Heavy armor: reduce defense by 2/3

This would create the incentive to play unarmored characters for defense. They'd be really hard to hit but when they are they will be devastated by the damage.
And opposite we have the soak heavy characters who are easy to hit.

In the first first of those two examples my current character would be:

Smallfolk, lvl 6, con artist, 6 AGI, 3 END, Medium (rolled towering), Superior synthetic weave, defense 18, soak 6

In the second example:

Smallfolk, lvl 6, con artist, 6 AGI, 3 END, Medium (rolled towering), Superior synthetic weave, defense 15, soak 6

By those calculations, I think I like the second one better, but I'm unsure as to how well it scales.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmm. All of the above proposals in one evening? :D

That's not practical, but maybe try your one and see how it works out? I plan to try my one this weekend.

Remove ads