• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brandon Sanderson to write last Wheel of Time book

Kunimatyu

First Post
GoodKingJayIII said:
(though now I'm very curious about Elantris)

I highly recommend indulging your curiosity and giving Elantris a read. It's a great fantasy novel and, I think, will go a long way towards assuaging any doubts.

avr

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
I highly recommend indulging your curiosity and giving Elantris a read. It's a great fantasy novel and, I think, will go a long way towards assuaging any doubts.

Or read Mistborn - it's more tightly written than Elantris, and IMO a better read.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Umbran said:
Now, I'll be honest - I have never read a Wheel of Time book. I came in here looking for news to tell my wife, who has read them.

So, basically, there's going to be a final book written by someone who has a style radically different from the original author, so the tone of this final book is very likely to be completely different from the rest of the series?

Now, I have been told Mr. Jordan had his weaknesses as an author - but color me perplexed by this idea.
I don't think Sanderson's writing style is vastly different that Jordan's - in the first three Wheel of Time books. I thought Jordan's writing style changed as the series continued on until it reached the point where I could not continue reading.

I've read Elantris and the two Mistborn novels to date and the way I felt while reading them reminded me very much of the way I felt when I first discovered the Wheel of Time. I'm looking forward to his completion of the series. Maybe I'll pick up the last one Jordan wrote to try and catch up with the things I have skipped.

qstor

Adventurer
Hmmm....I'm stalled again on the series on Book 9 :)

For some reason, I heard the last book was in editing and had been finished. I admit that Jordon has his own style. Its a shame he couldn't finish the series.

Mike

sckeener

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Maybe I'll pick up the last one Jordan wrote to try and catch up with the things I have skipped.

I'm not going to bother. There are sites out there that give you the cliffnote versions of the books...I am planning on reading those 'cliffnotes' for the books I didn't read....and then read Sanderson's book.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
There was a lull in the books, but I actually thought this last book picked up a lot and found it enjoyable.

Orius

Legend
Yeah, Knife of Dreams was pretty good, and it tied up a lot of loose ends. It's almost a shame RJ died before he could finish the last book (which supposedly will be titled A Memory of Light).

Remove ads