• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel shakes his head, desperately trying to clear his thoughts from the desire raging inside him.

"Brystasia, I understand what you are feeling for me and why. I'm afraid your attraction to me is not caused by nature alone. Most of my magnetism is the result of a powerful spell that I have cast on myself.
This was the reason I left Waterdeep for a time, to cast this ritual and take another step towards my goals. I intended it to help me win over the people to my cause, but it I never meant for it to trap you so completely. I cannot take advantage of you, or we will both lose ourselves."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I'm counting more on my ears than my eyes, Meekel. Keeping one's eyes open at a desert can be hazardous, especially during sand storms."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The group comes to a chamber, in which two ogre corpses lie. "The man you're looking for killed these two, and a third fled. There was another here, a smaller humanoid, but definitely not human. It looks like he and the newcomer backtracked a ways." Gareth begins to follow that trail.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"You can tell all that just by looking at the floor?"
Vilya regards the floor for a moment, but being inaccustomed to such things sees that, floor.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Dalamar said:
"You can tell all that just by looking at the floor?"
Vilya regards the floor for a moment, but being inaccustomed to such things sees that, floor.

"Bits of sand tracked in various patterns, blood splashes, scuffs on the stone; you just need to know what to look for."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"A couple hours, no more than four or five." He trails the path back a distance, and it ends abruptly in the middle of a corridor. "The tracks stop here. Might have taken a portal, or used their own magics to leave."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Could you track down the ogre that ran away, then? We could possibly get a description of whomever was there, and track the person down."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The party has gone perhaps thirty yards, down several passages, when they are met by a floating golden sword; it is immediately recognizable as that carried by the Cimmerian. It pauses, almost seeming to examine them, and then turns to the wall, hacking crude but recognizable letters into it with brutal strokes.

CONAN WAS TAKEN BY DEMON TO ABYSS
HE WILL BE AVENGED

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads