• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bring back the exposed boobs on the Monsters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wormwood

Adventurer
I don't remember ever hearing or seeing this happen with my gaming buddies or even hearing about it through the grapevine. Just because some people can't handle anything doesn't mean you should ruin the fun for everyone else.

There's plenty of fun in the game to be had by playing pretend elves and stabbing pretend orcs.

If that isn't enough, the internet is open 24/7 for those who need to see teh bewbz.

foolish_mortals

First Post
Different target market back then than today, and nudity certainly didn't help the situation once crazy people brought about the big religious scare against D&D back in the '80s. And if you don't think that something like this could be a big deal today, well...look up Transmetal II Blackarachnia, a transformer toy that had a removable bra. Hasbro had to recall that toy rather quickly from the stink, and fix it so that the offending piece was permanently mounted on her turbines.

I never heard anyone complain about the boobs in those days. I remember satanic blabber but never about boobs. Everyone is full of fear about boobs around here. Oh no, the game just won't sell if the demon women is naked like she is supposed to. I suppose if the game has become a cheesy toy to everyone then that's the point. Can't remember wanting to buy an action figure in a long long time. Games still keep my interest.

The real reason the boobs disappeared is that someone who didn't have dnd values took them away. There never was a controversy about them or anything. Going around thinking there is going to be boob hysteria if a demon woman who is supposed to be naked is naked is quite funny.

We probably should petition to remove all demons, devils, daemons, angels or anything that comes from a religion. We already know that cause controversy and we don't want that at all do we. All we care about is a giant amount of sales of a big expensive book to a bunch of boring people.

Might as get rid of Drow to. Kids have nightmares about them being under the bed. And that really is trouble.

foolish_mortals

Herschel

Adventurer
hey, I hate to break it to you guys but women played the game back in the boob days. It's not some automatic anti-woman thinger. There's nudity in art and movies all over the place and women go and look at those things.

When did boobs become unacceptable to society? Last I knew these weren't the Victorian ages.

foolish_mortals

And why did anyone listen to those broads wanting equal pay for doing the same job? Who let them out of the kitchen anyway?

Don't get me started on those uppity wenches wanting to vote!

Times have changed, deal with it. While the culture may be too uptight about nudity in general, the game is not the place to "make a stand". There's also a distinction being made between artful and chauvanistic. The goal is to have a game that appeals to a broader audience, not a smaller one.

If you feel a lack of nudity in your life maybe you haven't figured this internet thing out just yet.

foolish_mortals

First Post
yes let's tie exposed boobs to every feminist issue that we can think of. That'll help dnd be a cool product again. not. I just know the naked demon women from 1rst edition was keeping the pay down and the women from voting. Probably was dancing before their eyes, getting them to go back in time. That doesn't make any sense does it? :p

foolish_mortals

Jawsh

First Post
If you feel a lack of nudity in your life maybe you haven't figured this internet thing out just yet.

I am not experiencing any lack of boobage in my life, online and off. That's what makes this issue so strange to me. D&D is larger than real life in every other way, with awesome characters doing awesome things. Except sexuality. Because they have none.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
that's some women. There were players back in the old days that hadn't been brainwashed against the boob.

Enough.

When posting on these boards, do not ever again suggest that those with opinions that differ from yours are "brainwashed". It is dismissive, and insulting.

Oh, and thread closed.

Herschel

Adventurer
When D&D came out in 1974, were women treated as they are today? Watch TV and movies from that time. Documentaries even. Guess what, the engineers can't have Playboy Calendars hanging in their office cubicles any more either. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads