Broken things errata'ed, July 2009

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This is even more defendery. I might race restrict it *(How many Deva BRV fighters do you know )
Empathic Vigor
Prerequisites: Fighter, Battlerager Vigor class feature (possibly Deva)
Benefit: At the start of your turn, if an ally in 10 squares has taken hit point damage from an enemy since the end of your last turn, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

Not only are you more likely to get that damage boost ( from thp ) with this its even more likely when they turn to attack the folk you are defending.

Last edited:

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
Rain of Blows, Righteous Rage of Tempus, Battlerager Vigor, Dual Strike, Guileful Switch, Dwarf Stoneblood and Improved Vigor all get a nerf.

Linky

So, if Righteous rage of Tempus now does extra damage based on the dice you would roll if you had rolled a critical, hit, what if you don't get any? Takes the power from very potent to useless unless yuo have a magic weapon or another feat like devastating critical, even if you do get a critical hit and maximize the extra damage, unless you have some, you don't get anything for using the channel divinity.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I want the Damage boost to increase (it would raise the incentive for them to concentrate on attacking the BRV fighter to keep your thp down, heh.
Maybe 1/2 str mod don't know. ;-) That would put more reason for folk to stay Strength centered... but I'm not in to hammers and axes et al.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Empathic Vigor
Prerequisites: Fighter, Battlerager Vigor class feature
Benefit: At the start of your turn, if an ally in 10 squares has taken hit point damage from an enemy since the end of your last turn, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

Come to think of it this fits the half elf.. sort of a grittier use for that spiritual connection that boosts peoples diplomacy. ;-)

So, if Righteous rage of Tempus now does extra damage based on the dice you would roll if you had rolled a critical, hit, what if you don't get any? Takes the power from very potent to useless unless yuo have a magic weapon or another feat like devastating critical, even if you do get a critical hit and maximize the extra damage, unless you have some, you don't get anything for using the channel divinity.

you are correct...if attacking with a non magic non high crit weapon it does nothing...realistly that means level 1-3 at worst...becuse who has a 3rd level character without a magic item???

especialy since I belive +2 items can be in 2nd level tressure packets...

Runestar

First Post
So do static sources of damage still apply to rain of blows (such as power attack/weapon focus/weapon enhancement), or is it a straight 3W?

Pickles JG

First Post

If you already have RROT you are IME already using a vicuous Executioner's Axe or similar.

If you do not aready have the feat or the axe then you probably do not want to take it. Not every feat has to be useful for everyone...

Destil

Explorer
So do static sources of damage still apply to rain of blows (such as power attack/weapon focus/weapon enhancement), or is it a straight 3W?
It applies all bonuses that apply to weapon damage rolls except ability score. Item, feat, et cetera are still in.

Twin strike is now exactly what I wanted it to be: a tool to mark two opponents, rather than a damage boost. Perfect. Looks like I may actually play a tempest fighter at some point now.

Remove ads