D&D 5E Build an anti-stereotypical team of 4.

I prefer flexibility over brute strength, guile over firepower.

I would love to see a team of 4 heroes done against the stereotypes.

Basic roles
* Fighter --> STR 15 variant human sorcerer with weapon's proficiency feat and Greatsword. I think this works.
* Rogue --> some sorf of bard
* wizard
* cleric.

Any ideas how to get characters that actually fill the role?

Lylandra

Adventurer
why would you try to fill the stereotypical roles with one single class?

not going too much into details of class options, I'd say:

Ranger (melee, wilderness &maybe some roguish skills)
Bard (healing, knowledge, social or roguish skills)
Paladin (ranged or melee, off-healer, maybe second face)
Sorcerer (blaster, complimentary skills) or Druid (caster-oriented, summoning&fire for control, additional wilderness skills)

Horwath

Legend
I prefer flexibility over brute strength, guile over firepower.

I would love to see a team of 4 heroes done against the stereotypes.

Basic roles
* Fighter --> STR 15 variant human sorcerer with weapon's proficiency feat and Greatsword. I think this works.
* Rogue --> some sorf of bard
* wizard
* cleric.

Any ideas how to get characters that actually fill the role?

* Fighter --> Mountain dwarf wizard, 4th level feat heavy armour proficiency +1 str
* Rogue --> variant human warlock with skilled feat and devils sight invocation.
* wizard--> magic domain cleric from UA
* cleric.--> spell less ranger from UA with healer feat.

This sounds unorthodox and flexible, Let's try with https://orcpub2.com/

spellcaster:
Wis & Dex
Wis 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Str10, Cha 10, Int 8
The mirror of the above, for any who want to rely on Dex-based and/or ranged weapons and light armor. Tempest, Trickery, War, and Death will be the primary consumers of this build, though Tempest and War work just as well with Str.

With any of the above builds you can switch out that 8 Int with either Cha or the other stat that is a 10 to shift around your “weakness” for roleplaying reasons or to reflect your skills.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
In our group we have a knight obsessed with magic and lore. He's a level 10 battle master Fighter and level 3 Lore Bard with ritual casting of Cleric spells with a focus on divination spells. Magical initiate is also useful to add flavour to such a build.
I was going to suggest my door kicking "mage" http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ive-to-the-EK-or-an-option-for-low-magic-game

Same general idea.

An alternative for the fighter: dex based rapier and buckler battle master with criminal background, acts as a pseudo rogue.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads