• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Build suggestions for 17th Druid

MrCharm

Community Supporter
I am joining a new campaign, and I would like a few suggestions on building a druid. My char concept is that he will have most of his magic "items" in tattoos, and that he will be a big believer in the cleansing/renewal power of Fire, while accepting the necessity of the other elements. He maybe slightly insane, and will have a special companion.
This is based in the FR.
-Any PrCs I should look at? Feats? Anything at all would be a help.

TIA

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Get out of FR. I'm sorry but druids in FR suck. There's VERY litttle they can hope for in terms good spells, good feats or even decent Pr-classes.

Eberron would work better for you.

But this is just me being ranty and especially since I think druids SHOULDN'T be nature clerics. :p

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Depends on what you want to do; Druids are pretty versatile. If you want to be a pretty powerful Wild Shaper, look into Nature's Warrior and Warshaper from CW. There's also the Fast Wild Shape feat, which is nice. And the spells in CD and CAr will help out your spell list.

Oh, and watch out because while the Warshaper gets great abilities, it doesn't stack with Druid for determining what you can Wild Shape into.

Urbanmech

Explorer
Don't take any PrC's, Druid 17 should give you so many fun abilities to play with it won't be funny. Full suite of spells, wild shape (huge and elemental), a thousand faces, 2 good saves, and great skills. Try to take Spell Focus:Conjuration and Augument Summoning, Elder Elementals are a melee threat. Take Extra Wild shape too for an extra use of elemental shape per day. Anything else is gravy.

Branok

First Post

You've got to take wild spell, and then you've got to get yourself an advanced dire bear or a roc, with a lot of barding for the bear, or something like that, wild shape into something similar, cast summons like crazy, then animal growth, which will give you and your animals great enhancements to str, con and NA, and DR 10/Magic. Then you cast nature's avatar on yourself and your companion, which gives a +10 to attack and damage, and 1d8 hp/caster level, averaging about 76 extra hit points. After that, you just use boosts on yourself like cat's grace, bear's endurance, bull's strength. Now that is laying downth the smacketh :D . Or you could just cast several elemental swarms and, or firestorm, since you said you were into burning stuff :) , with maximized or empowered flamestrikes in between. That's off the top of my head, since I don't have the books here with me right now. Now look at this example. You're in the forest, shapechanged into a jaybird or something like that, and your enemies are unaware of you, since you found out about them using commune with nature, and you start raining flame strikes on them, and they are like, where the **** are those flame strikes coming from :p . That's what the the druid's ultimately about, casting while shapechanged.

Diirk

First Post
Hmm believer of fire and only puts up with the rest ? Worship Kossuth and e an Elemental Archon ! ;)

Maybe not optimal, but sure to be fun !

For a slightly more optimal build, straight druid, or mostly druid with a bit of nature's warrior.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Dpending on the edition you are running, I'd suggest that if you want a prestige class to go with the Blighter (3.0 Masters of the Wild, 3.5 Complete Divine). It right up your character concept alley!

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
While not as useful for a druid as it is for an arcane caster, Energy Substitution (fire) might be fun. Instead of Call Lightning, you can Call Firebolts. Intead of Ice Storm you can launch Fire Storms (only passing resemblance to the 7th level spell by that name). Just imagine what you could do with Storm of Vengeance...

Mostly a style thing, but way cool if you can make it look good.

Remove ads