Voidrunner Building an alien!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 3.10.31 PM.png

In the Voidrunner's Codex (2024) we have a number of core heritages, of course. Humans, the fierce hurroc, hologramatic indix, psychic insectoid keridani, small colorful siphers, and the mechanoid synetics.

But the star of the origins chapter is the alien species design system, where you get to build your own unique alien heritage. Because in an infinite universe, there are, of course, infinite combinations.

Currently in play testing (and thus very much a work in progress), the alien heritage system can be found here.

If you fancy taking a look, please do! Bear in mind it will probably change over the coming weeks, and we haven't even begin the 'balance' testing part of it yet!

Additionally I have started putting together a quick little builder app to make testing quicker. This app does not yet include heritage gifts or paragon gifts. But otherwise it's the above document in app form. Fairly simple and dirty, but it does the job.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 4.08.43 PM.png

Last edited:

the heritage builder doesn't seem to work - i tried to make a heritage with it and nothing printed. the random generation works fine. EDIT: nevermind. there's no pattern. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. i can't figure out why.

also (and i assume this will be cleaned up during the balance pass but i feel the need to point it out anyway), i noticed the feline natural weapon simply says you can "make an attack with your other claw as a bonus action", while the simian natural weapon specifies that the bonus action attack falls under two-weapon fighting. which one is intended, and if it's the feline, will any classes in the voidrunner's codex get the extra attack feature?

also also the energy blast probably isn't really any good, but the idea of giving players recharge abilities is super neat.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
the heritage builder doesn't seem to work - i tried to make a heritage with it and nothing printed. the random generation works fine. EDIT: nevermind. there's no pattern. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. i can't figure out why.
Hmm. It works every time for me. Not sure what's happening there. But the document is the important part!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Worked great for me creating a large dominating bioluminescent holographic telepath

Last edited:

Remove ads