• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Burn Notice

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Anyone watch this? I don't watch all that much TV but this is one series that kept me tuning in every week. Thursday night's two hour final was excellent.

I caught all but the first two episodes. I enjoy the main character's narration, explaining to the audience why he's doing the things he does. I wonder what the second season is going to bring. It looks like they're headed towards a drastic change in the tone of the show for the second season.

Later
silver

sydbar

Explorer
It's a great series, with a great cast, the voice over explanations are so interesting, and the stories are entertaining. I just hate having to wait till next summer to see the next season.

Fast Learner

First Post
Agreed with all, it's a great series, with great writing. Bruce Campbell adds great humor, and Gabrielle Anwar is still stunning, to boot.

Glyfair

Explorer
Michael Silverbane said:
I enjoy the main character's narration, explaining to the audience why he's doing the things he does.
The Burn Notice website has a pretty cool feature called "Ask a Spy." It has Michael answer a bunch of questions on video in that fashion. The tips are pretty sound as well (probably go research the information when asked). The questions range from "What's the secret to telling a lie?" to "How do I get a last minute dinner reservation when the restaurant is booked?"

Cthulhudrew

First Post
It didn't sound all that interesting to me (aside from Bruce Campbell) when I first heard about it/saw the commercials, but I watched it one night when there wasn't anything else on. Glad I did. It's a really enjoyable show. Each episode pretty much stands alone, yet they still manage to forward the main character's storyline as well.

It reminds me a lot of the old 70s and 80s shows like the Rockford Files and Magnum, P.I. Solid writing, well performed, not dumbed down. A good show.

Wycen

Explorer
I like the show and it was on a night I am usually home to watch. I haven't seen every episode because of USA's insane decision to show lame tennis matches, but I saw the first hour of the season finale. I made the decision to go to bed early so I don't know how it ended but hopefully I'll catch a repeat.

James Heard

Explorer
Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the show is that little spot in the show right before the climax where they go all A-Team/MacGuyver and build "spy stuff" with duct tape. It's fun every once in a while, but not every episode. Once you go every episode it becomes format and it becomes annoying. I also think that they could afford to have the main character be a tad bit more ruthless/violent, because sometimes he doesn't come across as even a jerky PI, much less a terrifying rumor in spy circles as they've kind of flitted around in some of the episodes.

Glyfair

Explorer
James Heard said:
Once you go every episode it becomes format and it becomes annoying. I also think that they could afford to have the main character be a tad bit more ruthless/violent, because sometimes he doesn't come across as even a jerky PI, much less a terrifying rumor in spy circles as they've kind of flitted around in some of the episodes.

More than likely they are trying to avoid him stepping on Fiona's toes. I wouldn't be surprised if you see more of than in episodes where she doesn't appear or appears briefly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads