• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Caliber's Storyhour (DragonStar ... well sort of)

Caliber

Explorer
You know, its funny you should bump this thread now.

After roughly three months of hiatus, we just started up our DragonStar campaign again and boy was the first session great!

Since at least one person (thanks Kosh!) still reads this stuff, I'll see what I can do to catch ya up.

Caliber

Explorer
Syd’s plan was well accepted, but as had become standard, everyone had a bit to add.

“If we all go at the temple together, I think we have a good chance of taking it. It may be well guarded from the outside, but I saw few guards within.

We need to get inside and bar the doors as quickly as possible, while whatever guards found within are taken care of. Someone else will have to take care of the priests, preferably without shooting them.

I don’t think the guards are being mind-controlled, and I don’t see how eliminating a few priests will help free the slaves. I’m only agreeing with this plan because we are in obvious danger. Self-preservation and justice are my motivators, and I don’t see killing priests helping with either goal.”

And, as had become standard, everyone’s bit became a lot more rather quickly.

“I think you underestimate the priests,” Milo interjected. “Even with this Wild Magic field disrupting their spells, they are still very dangerous. Or have you forgotten the Blade Storm that is still blocking the first bridge across?

And anyway, these are priests of a religion that feeds slaves to frogs. None of them are truly innocent.

I do think we should have a backup plan though. What if they aren’t doing any healing today?”

Seeing where this was headed, Syd quickly broke in.

“Instead of asking for healing, lets simply ask to join the Temple of the Frog. They seemed happy to let us in last time. As for the priests, we can’t leave them behind without proof that they are noncombatants. They have to be taken out.”

Lieutenant Val of the drow immediately agreed (which worried Syd to no end) and most other discussion quickly died out. Except for one thing …

“Hey Amio, buddy! How about you let me borrow one of those firearms you’ve got there!” quipped Zoltan, nodding towards the three assault blasters strapped to Amio’s back.

One had already been loaned to Orendil. And Amio apparently wanted to keep a spare.

“Well, Amio, I hope you’re as good a shot as you make yourself out to be! I don’t know why you are keeping two weapons for yourself, but I’m the best shot in this party! When the tide turns against us, don’t be surprised if I grab that other rifle from you and really show you how to shoot!”

Jumping up from the table, Amio merely snarled at Zoltan. Throwing the rifle he had promised Orendil on the table, he turned and stormed out.

Everyone else sat in stunned silence. That had NOT been a good development.

Caliber

Explorer
A little teaser. ;)

Lets just say losing Amio had not been a good thing. And Zoltan STILL didn't have a gun.

Why exactly Amio wouldn't part with a gun was unknown to us, although our guns are somewhat shoddily made.

Also note that I cut out a lot of discussion. Even after nominating Syd as the group's leader, deliberating between different characters STILL took quite a while. But we finally chose a path.

And ... er ... well SOMETHING burned. If only it had been the Temple ... :D

pogre

Legend
Man, is it ever great to see this zaniness cranked up again! Looking forward to the next update!

Edit: PS - change your sig.

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
pogre said:
Man, is it ever great to see this zaniness cranked up again! Looking forward to the next update!

I echo that comment !

By the way, I wonder when the "sort of" comment will get justified. Or, in other word, when Zoltan will make the death star blow up ! (I'm sure he would love to, as long as noone tell him to use the Force.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads