• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Caliber's Storyhour (DragonStar ... well sort of)

md3

First Post
What about....

Just to fill in a few gaps, Nick was hit multiple times by the Uber halfling's blaster bursts.

Wang had a struggle grappling with the halfling. The drow lieutenant died almost instantly with the grenade burst.

Syd was the only one to know that Zoltan's shots were killing him.

Nick tried to use conventional firearms but was out matched by the halfling.

Maybe I missed the line, but Alahandra flew up to see who were on the balconies above the fray.

Milo took multiple shots from the Guide and spent a good amount of time healing himself. One reason he might have managed to live through it all.

Zoltan hurt Syd really bad. Wang killed him. Both were attacking the Uber Halfling.

------------
Meta-Gaming Notes/Questions:

Nick died by casting his spell, which caused a 4 way disjunction. He ended up where a peasant was wearing the peasant's clothing. The Uber-halfling ended up in Nick's clothing and in plain site of Milo and Zoltan. Wang ended up in the halfling's armor, which damaged him as he busted out from the inside. The peasant ended up in Wang's clothing.
Heading towards a door in this order
before the disjunction:
UH W P ---- behind a column N
after the disjunction
W P N -----behind a column UH

W = Wang
P = peasant
N = Nick
UH = Uber-Halfling

The stone golem appeared out of the column next to the UH and headed right towards Nick. Wang tossed the grenade over the Peasant and Nick, but Nick was still caught in the blast.

Some spells appeared to work fine, but also caused wild magic effects. Others just failed to work and caused wild magic effects.

Wasn't Mandy playing Keith's character Nick?

This combat only lasted 4 rounds, 2.5 hours of gaming.

Later,
Manny

Caliber

Explorer
Unfortunetly, I missed Alahandra's actions in the combat until the very end. I meant to edit in something about her scouting out but ... uh ... oops.

Defintely one of the deadliest 4 rounds of combat we've ever had (which is good, cause otherwise we'd all be dead!)

pogre

Legend
This combat only lasted 4 rounds, 2.5 hours of gaming.

My goodness! I can see why - the four-way disjunction made my head swim!

I really appreciate you filling us in with some of your meta gaming notes.

EDIT: If we keep posting on each other's SHs minutes apart others will accuse us of descending into the Hivemind:eek:

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Total chaos... Magical friendly fire... There was stuff for a TPK there !

The arcane casters probably would have been more useful staying at the inn -- or finding what caused the wild magic and eliminating this factor before going in. ("Milo ? Hit a car and go scout fifty miles away in the north. Scramble !")

Caliber

Explorer
I'm still around. Yay!

I have finals next week (and three projects due this week) Boo!

Once finals are over (not to mention this semester) I'm going to try the push to catch up again. It should be easy since our DragonStar game is going on hiatus again.

I'm glad you guys like the story enough to bump it. Y'all keep me going. ;)

Caliber

Explorer
Oh sure. Bump my story hour and make ME do all the work. Yeah. That seems fair. :p

Okay okay. So I guess I have some new readers (maybe) and it looks like I still have some old readers. I'll see if I can start writing again (my new job doesn't take that much time).;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads