D&D 5E Can a Paladin Cure Addiction?

Iry

Hero
Then can we conclude that Paladins are unable to cure parasitic infections categorically?
And how doth this impact viral infections? :D

Then can we conclude that Paladins are unable to cure parasitic infections categorically?
And how doth this impact viral infections? :D
malignant parasites easily can be purged with cure disease. they are a foreign pathogen creating a disease and are technically infectious.

fetuses are a symbiote and not and infection. that's why they can't be purged in this manner.

that said. i like my idea from the previous page.

negative energy cure disease. "cure" processes whether malignant or not (like a baby) that are unwanted or growing out of control (like cancer). can also be used as a preventative measure against puberty taking place or pregnancy. using for any purpose at all may result in horrible disfigurement or slow transformation into undead over time. muhahahahaha.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
malignant parasites easily can be purged with cure disease. they are a foreign pathogen creating a disease and are technically infectious.

fetuses are a symbiote and not and infection. that's why they can't be purged in this manner.

that said. i like my idea from the previous page.

negative energy cure disease. "cure" processes whether malignant or not (like a baby) that are unwanted or growing out of control (like cancer). can also be used as a preventative measure against puberty taking place or pregnancy. using for any purpose at all may result in horrible disfigurement or slow transformation into undead over time. muhahahahaha.
I like you. You have the type of dark thoughts that I have.

Shiroiken

Legend
Back in the day, DC produced two series of D&D comics, both based in the Forgotten Realms. There was a character named Priam who was a paladin that became an alcoholic, and even after he went into recovery, he still was tempted and fell off the wagon. Since Paladins of the time were immune to disease, I would follow the same logic and assume that alcoholism is not a disease that can be cured by normal means, although I'd consider allowing Greater Restoration to work.

aco175

Legend
Is there a way to add more levels of 'diseases' that can be cures as the paladin level goes up. The problem would be what to classify at what level and that all the diseases are already at the first level.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
They would be talented writers who created their best work while not heavily dependent on intoxicants?
the work might be different but their talent isnt a result of their intoxication and may simply be coincident with their addiction
Exactly. Perhaps they’d have written somewhat different works, but addiction is not the reason they created great works. Period.

Remove ads