Can I buy any good magic items for 1000 gp?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Henry said:
If you are going that route, you are far better off with potions of various sorts - spider climbing, jumping, cure light, etc.

The only other thing I could recommend would be masterwork weapons and armor.

We think alike on this.

Datt

First Post
It's actually a Feather Token (Tree) from the DMG. They cause a huge Oak Tree to spring forth. Not sure exactly what good that would do you, but who knows. Maybe an elf needing a place to stay for a day or so.

Personally if I had masterwork armor I would get it enchanted to +1 or if not masterwork, get the Cloak of Resistance.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Datt said:
It's actually a Feather Token (Tree) from the DMG. They cause a huge Oak Tree to spring forth. Not sure exactly what good that would do you, but who knows.

Go read Piratecat's story hour for an interesting way to deal with a dragon...

J

kengar

First Post
Saving for the mithral chain shirt is a good one, too.

A monk in a one-off module I ran used the tree token to block a narrow corridor to help the party escape from an iron golem. It was quite funny. Of course, the shock of the tree hitting the ceiling nearly caved everything in on them, but the golem was stuck! :D

Kal Skid

First Post
Oh, and as a Fighter/Barbarian a Mithral Shirt will serve you well.

Mithral Shirt
This very light chain shirt is made of very fine mithral links. Speed while wearing a mithral shirt is 30 feet for Medium-size creatures, or 20 feet for Small. The armor has an arcane spell failure chance of 10%, a maximum Dexterity bonus of +6, and no armor check penalty. It is still considered light armor. The shirt weighs 10 pounds.
Caster Level: -; Prerequisite: -; Market Price: 1,100 gp.

Be sure to pickup an Everburning Torch as well, it will come in handy. Just keep a few regular ones for lighting trolls on fire, etc.

Everburning Torch
This torch has a continual flame cast upon it.
Caster Level: 3rd; Prerequisite: Continual flame (no feat needed); Market Price: 90 gp; Weight: 1 lb.

Several Potions are quite useful for enhancing your abilities - Potion of Bull`s Strength, Potion of Endurance, Potion of Heroismn, Potion of Haste. But they are not cheap, and you have to carefully decide when to use them. (Think of them as your personal Rage Item ;) )

A Flaming Greatsword might sound nice, but it is costs 8.350 pieces of gold (not 2.350, not 1.000 gp !)

A useful item might be a Scarab of Golembane (any), but I believe it costs a bit more than 1.000 pieces of gold.

Masterwork Item will be very useful - remember that only MW Items can be enhanced via magic, and you cannot apply Masterwork later. The +1 to hit with a Masterwork Weapon will always help you.

Mustrum Ridcully

Pbartender

First Post
Kal Skid said:
Everburning Torch
This torch has a continual flame cast upon it.
Caster Level: 3rd; Prerequisite: Continual flame (no feat needed); Market Price: 90 gp; Weight: 1 lb.

Actually, you are even better off buying a Dull Grey Ioun Stone, and hiring a wizard or cleric (or buy a scroll for your party wizard, so he can cast it) to cast Continual Flame on it... Hands-free light.

Remove ads