D&D 5E Can this party handle these dragons?

LightningArrow

First Post
- Terrain is inside a fiery mountain near a village. The ceiling is about 100 feet tall. If the dragons want to escape (which they probably don't), they'll need to squeeze through a small opening in the top.
- Yes, they'll know about the fight.
- This is the only combat of the day, if they manage to evade the half-dragon sentries in the mountain.
- The goal of the fight is to kill the dragons, or if that fails, at least drive them away. The villages nearby are starting to suffer as the water turns sulfuric and the dragon demands sacrifice eventually.
- The Lore Bard has an instrument capable of casting Fly. The Wizard knows the spell too. Other than that, I'm not really sure if I should give a Potion of Flying to the Paladin (in the simulation he mostly sits around casting Bless and Death Ward).
- They have walls, which aren't much good due to dragons' sizes and flight, and not much else to hinder movement. They can try Hold Monster, but even if they succeed Legendary Resistance kicks in.
- In terms of range, there's the Ranger who's focused on it, and all the casters can do a good job at it (Tempest enjoys maxing a maxed slot Call Lightning, particularly). Only the Paladin is garbage at it.

Coroc

Hero
The main Problem here is the dex save needed to check for half damage of the breath weapons. The adult Dragon has a recharge rate and if played like it should it will attempt to use it more than once during the fight. You got two clerics and a paladin that means a lot of healing power, but that will not help, since these classes will probably have the worst save and might be hit to be out cold or instakilled.

Leave out the smaller Dragon for a start, pretend that ist sleeping or such, and then retry your Simulation considering what i have written.

Quartz

Hero
How about having the party start by fighting just one, then when that one is bloodied (4e term, I know), have the other one arrive, shattering the roof in the process? (Dex save for falling rocks and lava splashes).

Remove ads