Can we playtest your Prc? Humanoid-based Prc's needed

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I'm running a game with a group of Humaniods as the party. I'm looking for some prestige classes that are more geared towards this kind of semi-dark campaign. I've looked through the overall listing, and there are a few biased towards humanoids, and I've suggested some of them to the group on our local gaming board. Do any of you have additional suggestions I might make to them. Maybe something you haven't posted here already, or a conversion of something here that makes sense.

I'd greatly appreciate some input. I've not built a Prc of my own yet, but I may need to, for additonal flavor in the game. The following are some notes on the PC's currently in the game.

Race/Class/Level - notes
Ogre/Fighter/1 or 2 with ECL 7 - Currently considering Hulking hurler smart Ogre
Orc/Ranger/6 - Currently not sure, looking at Worg Champion Prc or leadership-based Prc
- Worg companion/cohort, when size has advanced, will be mount
Goblin/Rogue/6 - Currently considering Shadowdancer, currently stealthy tinker
Orc/Bard/6 - Currently not sure, Battle Drum player
- Rogueish cohort in training for Bard
Orc/Barbarian/5 - Currently considering Warmaker Prc from this forum
Kobold/Sorcerer/5 - Currently not sure, previously a slave
Goblin/Druid/6 - Currently not sure, just gained shaping ability
Orc/Rogue/5 - Currently not sure, Rogueish bow using Orc

Your comments and any discussion will be appreciated.

Thank you,
GW

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Last edited:

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
Orc Axe Warrior
Fester
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=78290

Orc Paragon
Jaerom Darkwind
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=91824

Orog Warmaker
Neo
Orcish barbarian
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=1569808&postcount=27

There are no kobold or orge links, and I actually came to offer my Gnoll Pargon -
but they are based on macedonian chariot fighting designed to work in teams of 4 and not the least helpful to you.

Thank you,

I found all of those, and one player is considering the Warmaker prc. I have designs on a gnoll and hobgoblin Prc for NPC's. Do you have a link to the Gnoll Paragon? If it is in the thread of links above here, I should have already grabbed it. If/when I use any of them, I'll be posting to let the creator know how it went.

GW

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Yes Gnoll Paragon is in the links page. My players had a blast fighting them. I created them for fun, then when the players decided to travel across the gnoll plains, they were challanged, they stole the first charriot, and hitched thier horses to it, then they were attacked by a champion (+3 char levels) and they killed him eventually, nearly starting a grass fire and 1 pc droping into negatives after a crashing his charriot. The Players then tried to use a hyena pulled charriot. The hyenas would try and attack the horses and would bite the PCs whenever they were untied or hitched up. Three great sessions were spent dealing with them, in an otherwise boring journey. They burried thier charriot when they reentured the woodlands, swearing to return for it.

Even without the charriots the build isn't bad, it just looses much of its logic.
lvl 1 fast movement
lvl 2 powerful build
lvl 3 mounted archery feat & +2 con

Pbartender

First Post
Graywolf-ELM said:
Goblin/Rogue/6 - Currently considering Shadowdancer, currently stealthy tinker

For this bugger, you might consider the following PrC I developed for Living ENWorld. I think it would suit him well.

LITTLE SNEAK

Hit Die: d6.

Requirements
To qualify to become a little sneak, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Race: Any Small or smaller race.
Feats: Alertness, Stealthy.
Skills: Hide 8 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks, Search 4 ranks, Spot 4 ranks.

Class Skills
The little sneak’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Code:
[b]Table: Little Sneak[/b]

[b]Level   BAB  Fort  Refl  Will  Special[/b]

1st    +0    +0    +2    +0   Stealth Mastery, Blind Sense 10 ft.
 2nd    +1    +0    +3    +0   Fast Movement +10 ft. 
 3rd    +2    +1    +3    +1   Sneak Attack +1d6, Blind Sight 5 ft. 
 4th    +3    +1    +4    +1   Traceless
 5th    +3    +1    +4    +1   Blind Sense 20 ft. 
 6th    +4    +2    +5    +2   Sneak Attack +2d6
 7th    +5    +2    +5    +2   Hide in Plain Sight, Blind Sight 10 ft.
 8th    +6    +2    +6    +2   Fast Movement +20 ft.
 9th    +6    +3    +6    +3   Sneak Attack +3d6, Blind Sense 30 ft. 
10th    +7    +3    +7    +3   Inconscpicuous

Class Features
All of the following are Class Features of the little sneak prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Little sneaks gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Stealth Mastery: The arts of stealth are so ingrained in his way of life, that a little sneak constantly and consistantly moves stealthily without having to think about it. A little sneak may take 10 on hide and Move Silently checks even if stress and distractions would normally prevent him from doing so.

Blindsense (Su): In order to avoid detection, a little sneak must often get along without light sources. He develops keen senses to find his way even in the dark. At 1st level little sneaks gain blindsense with a range of 10 feet. At 5th level the range increases to 20 feet and at 9th level to 30 feet.

Fast Movement (Ex): When things go wrong, a little sneak must be able to escape as quickly and silently as possible. At 2nd level a sneak’s base land speed increases by +10 feet. At 8th level this bonus increases to +20 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the little sneak’s speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Blindsight (Su): A little sneak's heightened senses become so sharp as to develop almost into a sixth sense, allowing him to pinpoint nearby objects and creatures, even if he cannot see them. At 3rd level little sneaks gain blindsight with a range of 5 feet. At 7th level the range increases to 10 feet.

Sneak Attack: This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by +1d6 at 3rd level and every third level thereafter (3rd, 6th, and 9th). If a little sneak gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Traceless (Ex): Little sneaks that can be easily tracked down rarely survive for long. Starting at 4th level a little sneak leaves no trail when moving at his base movement rate or less and cannot be tracked. He may choose to leave a trail if so desired.

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): For an expert little sneak, a blink of an eye is the only opportunity he needs to find a hiding place. A little sneak of 8th level or higher can use the Hide skill even while being observed, as long as he is within 10' of any cover or concealment.

Inconspicuous (Su): Masterful little sneaks are so inconspicuous, that they have a knack of blending into any setting. A 10th level little sneak can use the Hide skill, even if the terrain doesn’t grant cover or concealment, as long as he is not being directly observed.

Greyskull

First Post
Goblin Wolf Rider

This class was written by me and published in the Netbook of Classes.

Goblin Wolf Rider

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special

1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Dread Mount
2 +2 +3 +0 +0
3 +3 +3 +1 +1 Fearful Pose
4 +4 +4 +1 +1
5 +5 +4 +1 +1 Wheeling Attack
6 +6 +5 +2 +2
7 +7 +5 +2 +2 Short Bow Mastery
8 +8 +6 +2 +2
9 +9 +6 +3 +3
10 +10 +7 +3 +3 Battle Frenzy

Level Bonus HD Natural Armor Str Adj. Int Special
2 +2 4 +1 6 Improved Evasion, Empathic link
4 +4 6 +2 7 Share saving throws
6 +6 8 +3 8 Command creatures of it’s kind
9 +8 10 +4 9 Spell resistance

Adventurers look down on goblins. Goblins, kobolds, hobgoblins, orcs and their ilk are seen by characters that reach 6th and above levels as a mere nuisance. Looks can be deceiving, and an adventurer caught unaware will usually become a dead one.
When encountering a tribe of goblins it is almost a safe bet to assume that it contains at least a few goblin wolf riders. Wolf riders are the elite cavalry of the goblinoids, but unlike the knights of the humans, elves, gnomes, halflings and dwarves, they prefer to pepper their enemies from afar before closing in for the kill.
The wolf or worg the goblin rides takes on a fiendish appearance and improves as his rider gains more levels.
Fighters, Rangers and Barbarians are among the most common wolf riders among the goblins, although a few clerics have been known to take this class. No druid, wizard or sorcerer has taken this class.
The origins of this class come from a goblin priest of war that prayed to his god for a prayer that will improve his mount. Instead, the god sent him a small fiend to work a solution with. For 5 years he was in seclusion from his tribe, but in that time he became a wolf rider, and came to his tribe’s help against an adventuring party, riding atop his fiendish worg, and using his spells to great effect against the adventurers.

Hit Die: d10
Requirements:
Race: Goblin
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Handle Animal: 6 ranks
Ride: 6 ranks
Intimidate: 2 ranks
Feats: Mounted Combat, Mounted Archery, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Short Bow).
Special: Must have a wolf or worg mount.
Class Skills:
The wolf rider's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Hide (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Wilderness Lore (Wis). See Chapter 4: Skills in Core Rulebook I for skill descriptions.
Skill Points at Each: 2 + Int modifier.
Class Features
All of the following are class features of the goblin wolf rider prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Wolf riders are proficient with all simple weapons and martial weapons, as well as light and medium armor and shields.

Dread Mount: As the Wolf Rider rises in levels his mount becomes increasingly stronger.
At 1st level the mount gets the fiendish template.
As the wolf rider progresses in levels the mounts gets the following extra abilities, summarized in the table above
Note that if the wolf rider has levels in the blackguard prestige class, the levels of the blackguard and the wolf rider levels stack for the purpose of the mount, but he loses his fiendish companion, if he had it, gained through the blackguard levels.

Fearful Pose (Ex): At 3rd the wolf rider can instill fear in enemies when he is riding his mount. Any enemy within 60 feet of the wolf rider when he uses this ability must make a Will save with a DC of 15 + the wolf rider’s Cha modifier, or act as if affected by a Cause Fear spell cast as a sorcerer of his class level.
Also, the wolf rider gains an aura of fear around him, while riding his mount, for up to 10 feet. Any opponent within this range suffer a –2 morale penalty to all saving throws, and attack rolls.

Wheeling Attack (Ex): You no longer need to move in a straight line when using Ride-By Attack or Mounted Archery; you can ride forward, make an attack, turn up to 180°, and continue with the rest of your movement. This is an extraordinary ability.

Short Bow Mastery (Ex): At 7th level the wolf rider has progressed so much with his bow that he gains new attacks at –4, instead of the normal –5.
So an 7th level fighter/8th level wolf rider, with a BAB of +15 gets three more attacks with his short bow, instead of just two more with other weapons. His iterative attacks use the following BABs +15/+11/+7/+3, while his iterative attacks with other weapons use +15/+10/+5.

Battle Frenzy (Ex): A 10th level goblin wolf rider can induce himself and his mount into a frenzy of attack.
This is similar to the barbarian’s Rage ability, and follows the same rules. This ability can be used once per day, unless the character gains rage from another class, in which case the levels stack for determining the number of times this ability can be used. Note that if the goblin is a high enough level as a barbarian he may gain the use of the Greater Rage ability, but he will always be winded after rage.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Ferret said:
Ancestral
Ferret
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=80846
Kobold, Dragon Disciple

It's my most playtested PrC at one!

Hey wait! Wasn't it you who Playtested it anyway?

Yes, the NPC held his own for a bit, but died in the end. We had a PC who was playing a Kobold sorceror, who was ripe for this Prc, but his character perished in an Ice Storm, and the player decided it was a good time for him to take care of his new child, and his racing hobby. :(

GW

Remove ads