D&D General Can you solve these D&D Riddles? (And write your own!)

Richards

Legend
Ah, then your answer to 27 is perfectly acceptable...as long as the first word isn't necessary, as per the original post you're only supposed to add one single word to three of the four words, and your first answer to 27 uses a three-word phrase for your first "correct" answer. (Your alternate solution is the one I had been going with, so that's one's been successfully answered.) But likewise, the "claw" solution you propose for 25 uses far too many words to be "legal" per the game's rules.

So, to recap, here's what's still left to be solved:

9. Cat, monstrous, swarm, sword​
17. Dire, moon, sun, swarm​
20. Dragon, eagle, giant, kill​
25. Claw, fire, gem, water​

Johnathan

Voadam

Legend
Ah, then your answer to 27 is perfectly acceptable...as long as the first word isn't necessary, as per the original post you're only supposed to add one single word to three of the four words, and your first answer to 27 uses a three-word phrase for your first "correct" answer. (Your alternate solution is the one I had been going with, so that's one's been successfully answered.) But likewise, the "claw" solution you propose for 25 uses far too many words to be "legal" per the game's rules.
For 27 I have seen it used as both a two and three word phrase/descriptor
"A green steel sword" for example

For 25 my first example would be two words from how it is sometimes used in a D&D context and how it came up in my head
"He is secretly an Emerald Claw operative"

Chryssis

Explorer
9. didn't i answer that the other day?

17. Dire, moon, sun, swarm
Rat, Dire rate, Moon rat (3.5+ dragon mag), swarm of rats, outlier sun

20. Dragon, eagle, giant, kill
Cloud, Cloud Dragon (pathfinder), Cloud giant, Cloud kill (spell), outlier eagle

25. Claw, fire, gem, water
elemental, fire elemental, water elemental, elemental gem, outlier claw

Richards

Legend
Chryssis: Spot on with 17, 20, and 25. Well done!

As for 9, yes you did answer it, but even you said your answer was kind of weak. (And is a "humanoid swarm" even a thing in D&D? I thought that was called a "mob.")

In any case, here's what I was going with for #9:

SPIDER: monstrous spider, spider swarm, sword spider; outlier: cat. The sword spider is a Forgotten Realms creature with stabby blades on the ends of its legs.

And that closes out the ones I came up with. Anybody else got any more?

Johnathan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases