• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Canada - London Ontario. 3.5 or C&C

Shadowslayer

Explorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35 year old married gamer seeks a game with reasonably mature minded players. Actual age isnt an issue.

Read the following statements:
-I enjoy action and adventure, and don't believe that its the antithesis of roleplaying.
-I think the "Role playing vs roll playing" argument is silly. You can do both.
-Monty Python or Princess Bride quotes, used sparingly, are fun.
-Games where each player designs their PC with an eye to working together with the group are the best ones.
-While its good to be somewhat inclusive and easy to get along with, The manner in which extra rules, PRCs, and setting elements are used are the perogative of the DM. (that's the perk you get for doing the hard work.)
-the base of the game should be played according to the rules in the PHB. Anything beyond the PHB, while possibly allowed, is an optional add-on to the game.
-Templated "half this and half that" and monster PCs are mostly silly.
-I believe in playing with friends.

If you believe most of these statements to be true, then shoot me out an email, and maybe we can hook up. I'm primarily looking at getting into someone else's 3.5 game. Although I'm a fairly capable DM, I've never DMed any high level stuff, so I'm lacking there. I can do either FR, old Greyhawk, or Wilderlands (got one ordered and paid for...now just have to get it)

I'm also more than willing to DM Castles and Crusades by Troll Lords, if anyone cares to play it a little "old school".

If you're looking at a weekly campaign then I'm good Monday to Friday nights. If its twice monthly or less, then weekends are OK too.

EMAIL me: "tjjjames at yahoo dot ca" (yes that's three j's)

Last edited:

Thunt

First Post
I grew up in London Ontario and I spent alot of my time playing D&D. Since I'm about your age, I wonder... Do we know each other? Did we ever play together at some point? I live in Vancouver now, but I went to the following highschools...

Oakridge
Beal
Montcolm

My real name is Tarol. Ring any bells?

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Thunt said:
I grew up in London Ontario and I spent alot of my time playing D&D. Since I'm about your age, I wonder... Do we know each other? Did we ever play together at some point? I live in Vancouver now, but I went to the following highschools...

Oakridge
Beal
Montcolm

My real name is Tarol. Ring any bells?

Gah, you went to Oakridge? So did I, until I escaped to Central. God, I've thought about returning to London just to burn that place to the ground...but I'm a bit younger than 35...

Remove ads