• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Canada portrayed negatively in games?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I can't believe I doulble posted that story, its actually on page 3 and page 5 :heh:

On a more constructive note I think Quebec took over the rest of Canada in TMNT: After the Bomb. Ill check my books when I get home.

Cause if you want realism - Ninja Turtles is where to look. No really, is was my first brush with modern equipment pricing, I actually memorized large sections of it, before the internet it was a great way to guestimate costs for: firearms (revolvers to machine guns), mechanical lockpicks, avalibility of RW body armor etc.

It wasn't as great estimating for the # of times a strong man (18 PS) had to hit a glass window with a Two handed Sword before it broke (4)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
Any ideas? What roll gets a +4 modifier based on country?

A Goose shaman from Shadowrun gets a bonus to spellcasting whenever spells are cast from a particular location (a "homeland"). In theory (although it goes against the standard campaign world, and I'd never allow an area of that size), a GM could say that "Canada" counts.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
(TMNT) wasn't as great estimating for the # of times a strong man (18 PS) had to hit a glass window with a Two handed Sword before it broke (4)

Oh, gosh, I even remember problems with Strongman vs. Window in my old TMNT games!

I greatly enjoyed Road Hogs, though, because it actually took place in my homeland, the Central Valley.

That's California. No, not by the coast. No, not LA. No, not the Bay Area. It's Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield. Yeah, I'm sorry, too.

(It's got Sacramento, too, but everyone just puts Sacramento on the coast, too. I can't believe just how many times I've had that exact above conversation around the country. "Well, at least the weather's nice.")

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads