Cancelling MTG accounts as the next move

xiphumor

Legend
#DnDBegone was obviously great for getting attention from WotC, but we also didn’t get what we really need: a public, legally binding statement from WotC that they cannot deauthorize the OGL 1.0a.

Unfortunately, we can’t cancel our subscriptions twice, and the movie won’t be out for another few months, so we if we need to increase the pressure more, I suggest that deleting MTG Arena accounts is the next way to go. (I’ve already done this.)

#MTGone anyone?

Yaarel

He Mage
#DnDBegone was obviously great for getting attention from WotC, but we also didn’t get what we really need: a public, legally binding statement from WotC that they cannot deauthorize the OGL 1.0a.

Unfortunately, we can’t cancel our subscriptions twice, and the movie won’t be out for another few months, so we if we need to increase the pressure more, I suggest that deleting MTG Arena accounts is the next way to go. (I’ve already done this.)

#MTGone anyone?
Yeah, for the boycott to be effective, it must boycott all things Hasbro-WotC, including MTG. Even including non-WotC, like Transformers and Monopoly.

Stalker0

Legend

#MTGone anyone?
I think a little patience is called for at this point. WOTC has shifted position quite a bit according to their document, so the first wave of "rebellion" is successful. Companies are shifting gears, looking at the new ORC, or figuring out other ways to shift away from teh OGL. In other words, WOTC has plenty of pressure on them right now.

But you don't rebuild Rome in a day, give them at least a few days to get some formal documents together (after all considering the blow up of the first document, I'm sure they will take some care to ensure the new language is going to be rock solid for their intended purposes....whatever those will be).

I am not saying "leave WOTC alone", I'm just saying give them actual time to comply with the community demands. You don't shoot a hostage while the police are literally giving into your demands.

Haplo781

Legend
I think a little patience is called for at this point. WOTC has shifted position quite a bit according to their document, so the first wave of "rebellion" is successful. Companies are shifting gears, looking at the new ORC, or figuring out other ways to shift away from teh OGL. In other words, WOTC has plenty of pressure on them right now.

But you don't rebuild Rome in a day, give them at least a few days to get some formal documents together (after all considering the blow up of the first document, I'm sure they will take some care to ensure the new language is going to be rock solid for their intended purposes....whatever those will be).

I am not saying "leave WOTC alone", I'm just saying give them actual time to comply with the community demands. You don't shoot a hostage while the police are literally giving into your demands.
They're literally hoping we all forget about it so they can push through the exact same plans.

Yaarel

He Mage
The next move for me is buying a ticket for Ant-Man 3 and theater hopping to see Honor Among Thieves, then posting about it on Twitter.

"Just paid @MarvelStudios to watch the new @WizardsDnD movie from @Paramount #NoHonorAmongThieves"
Heh, watching stuff with an eyepatch.

But even to participate in the movies is free advertising and community building for Hasbro-WotC.

Stalker0

Legend
They're literally hoping we all forget about it so they can push through the exact same plans.
Sure that was their original plan, and it failed, hence the big statement that just came out where they backpedalled on a LOT of their changes. So I say again, the plan is working, no need to shift gears to a whole other area (MTG), just give them a few days to see what they give us. And if the stuff falls short, by all means boycott away.

Remove ads