Cancelling MTG accounts as the next move

Yaarel

He Mage
I think a little patience is called for at this point. WOTC has shifted position quite a bit according to their document, so the first wave of "rebellion" is successful.
Hasbro-WotC continues to do the problem − try kill the OGL 1.0a.

Its pretended walkbacks were either Fan Content which is handled separately from the next OGL anyway, or indefensible in court like trying to stop VTTs.

Hasbro-WotC shifted nothing. It remains full-speed-ahead.

All of the reasons to boycott DnDBeyond and other aspects of Hasbro-WotC remain in full force.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Heh, watching stuff with an eyepatch.

But even to participate in the movies is free advertising and community building for Hasbro-WotC.
There is another way you know? ^_^. Ok, given that I live in a third world country there is a way easier and cheaper way that is also way more fitting. wink wink

Haplo781

Legend
Sure that was their original plan, and it failed, hence the big statement that just came out where they backpedalled on a LOT of their changes. So I say again, the plan is working, no need to shift gears to a whole other area (MTG), just give them a few days to see what they give us. And if the stuff falls short, by all means boycott away.
No - that is their CURRENT plan according to reliable leakers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116-172142.png
    Screenshot_20230116-172142.png
    485.7 KB · Views: 74

Clint_L

Hero
The next move for me is buying a ticket for Ant-Man 3 and theater hopping to see Honor Among Thieves, then posting about it on Twitter.

"Just paid @MarvelStudios to watch the new @WizardsDnD movie from @Paramount #NoHonorAmongThieves"
Yeah, because Disney is way more generous with IP rights than Hasbro! That will definitely make an unambiguous point!

Not just MTG.

We need to pressure every WotC licensee right now. Dropping licenses cuts off brand growth which is one of the thing they are targeting for revenue growth. The D&D brand needs to become (temporarily) radioactive to get WotC to surrender.

Remathilis

Legend
Not just MTG.

We need to pressure every WotC licensee right now. Dropping licenses cuts off brand growth which is one of the thing they are targeting for revenue growth. The D&D brand needs to become (temporarily) radioactive to get WotC to surrender.
Boycott UltraPro, Wizkids, Paramount, Larian Studios, Amazon, Gale Force 9, Beadles & Grimm, Critical Role, and Spirit Halloween.

I wish you good luck with that.

MGibster

Legend
And then create an account on marvel snap and Blizzard!
Activision Blizzard has a long history of sexual harassment. In 2017, Kerri Moynihan committed sucide while on a company business trip, with her supervisor, the one the company knew was sexually harassing her but did nothing about. Compared to the OGL debacle, Activision Blizzard is on a whole different level of evil here.

Remove ads