Cancelling MTG accounts as the next move

Boycott UltraPro, Wizkids, Paramount, Larian Studios, Amazon, Gale Force 9, Beadles & Grimm, Critical Role, and Spirit Halloween.

I wish you good luck with that.

I can do that.

This is war. War is a battle of wills. Our will has to be stronger than theirs for as long as it takes for them to surrender.

(To be honest -- I can't hurt WotC much myself as they were the only company I bought D&D content from! Though no D&D movie or Baldur's Gate 3 for me now.)

Haplo781

Legend
The last product they released was Class Tokens in 2021. They are still for sale on their website. You might be right since they didn't release any additional cards or minis in 2022.

This seems to be the latest.

Remathilis

Legend

xiphumor

Legend
For the record, I was imagining this as the next countermove when they release the “Real” OGL and it inevitably falls short of what’s needed.

Hex08

Hero
Boycott UltraPro, Wizkids, Paramount, Larian Studios, Amazon, Gale Force 9, Beadles & Grimm, Critical Role, and Spirit Halloween.

I wish you good luck with that.
Why is that hard? I don't currently buy any products from those companies or use any of those services, with the exception of Amazon, without even trying. As far as Amazon goes, there is very little they offer I can't get elsewhere and the few things they offer I might not have access to otherwise probably won't cause me any real hardship.

You have even posted in other threads about the futility of people boycotting companies. There is a long history of both successful and unsuccessful boycotts so we do know that they do sometimes work. Even if a boycott doesn't work that doesn't mean that an individual needs to throw up their hands and continue giving money to a company that does things they oppose. I haven't bought anything from Walmart or Chick-Fil-A in years and while they probably don't miss my business, they have engaged in practices I am opposed to so I choose not to give them my money.

Yes, it would be impossible to live in modern society if I boycotted every organization that does bad things but like most other people; I pick my battles.

Dausuul

Legend
#DnDBegone was obviously great for getting attention from WotC, but we also didn’t get what we really need: a public, legally binding statement from WotC that they cannot deauthorize the OGL 1.0a.

Unfortunately, we can’t cancel our subscriptions twice, and the movie won’t be out for another few months, so we if we need to increase the pressure more, I suggest that deleting MTG Arena accounts is the next way to go. (I’ve already done this.)

#MTGone anyone?
I don't have an M:tG Arena account, but I'm certainly not buying any physical cards now. Sadly, I don't think there's a way for me to signal that the way a canceled account does.

Do keep in mind that we shouldn't all fire our "guns" empty at once. Wizards needs to see the bleeding continue over time, to let them know we haven't given up and they still have more to lose.

Haplo781

Legend
I don't have an M:tG Arena account, but I'm certainly not buying any physical cards now. Sadly, I don't think there's a way for me to signal that the way a canceled account does.

Do keep in mind that we shouldn't all fire our "guns" empty at once. Wizards needs to see the bleeding continue over time, to let them know we haven't given up and they still have more to lose.
Start a hashtag on Twitter pretty much

Remove ads